Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 AM  
Traveler

My religion---

as far as i am concerned bob dylan understood religion well.

i don't need to know more than that.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 AM  
Traveler

Max Lucado--I disagree with this idea. who am i?--nobody

still I know that God wants us to question and think--until we are satisfied. He really does. the minister of the largest presbyterian church in the US--he told me it was ok--encouraged his 10,000 members to do this.

i believe him. Frank Harrington--some are better than others--Frank, better than Max Lucado. I know that is the Truth.

~~~~~~~~~

He is my defender; I will not be defeated. Psalm 62:6

What does God do when we are in a bind? ... He fights for us! He steps into the ring and points us to our corner and takes over. ?Remain calm; the Lord will fight for you? (Exodus 14:14).

His job is to fight. Our job is to trust.

Just trust. Not direct. Or question.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
Max Lucado--I disagree with this idea. who am i?--nobody

still I know that God wants us to question and think--until we are satisfied. He really does. the minister of the largest presbyterian church in the US--he told me it was ok--encouraged his 10,000 members to do this.

i believe him. Frank Harrington--some are better than others--Frank, better than Max Lucado. I know that is the Truth.

~~~~~~~~~

He is my defender; I will not be defeated. Psalm 62:6

What does God do when we are in a bind? ... He fights for us! He steps into the ring and points us to our corner and takes over. ?Remain calm; the Lord will fight for you? (Exodus 14:14).

His job is to fight. Our job is to trust.

Just trust. Not direct. Or question.
Which is it...are we to question or not question?

I figured I'd ask before one of the God haters does. I understand we are all on different paths headed to the same destination but what is this Lucado - Harrington thing? Aren't their ultimate goals the same?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Which is it...are we to question or not question?

I figured I'd ask before one of the God haters does. I understand we are all on different paths headed to the same destination but what is this Lucado - Harrington thing? Aren't their ultimate goals the same?
i am in a 'bad' mood--religion is at the root of it--always.

Frank said--think--ask questions--knew the Bible pretty well---cough---had ????degrees---revered and deservingly across the world. Nicest minister i have ever known---so nice--so nice.

whatever anyone else--even my mother--devout--know it all type of Christian--thinks.

i go with what Frank said. no one had ever told me i could ask questions--only 'accept'--no other choice. Frank set me free--

influenced many--began his ministry in Hinesville, Ga--near the FL---quite a guy. quite a guy. nobody like him--maybe. a Southern Gentleman. best sort of man, jmo. native Atlantan.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 PM  
Traveler

now in a better mood--what i really think

ALW--before Josh I knew God from this man>>>

Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM  
Traveler

Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 PM  
Traveler

Old 10-14-2011, 12:59 PM  
Traveler

i thank God, but would thank Him more if he had done something a long time ago. He did not, just didn't want to --i don't really believe that.

nor do i believe that he wants me to 'Save the World'--wants me to be happy, too--for more than 5 minutes.

still clinging to the mustard seed.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:00 PM  
Traveler

Old 10-14-2011, 01:01 PM  
Traveler

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!