Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM  

Austin
Not a Christian in Alabama?

Might want to move.

Alabama's New Governor Wants Everyone to Become a Christian

Our founding fathers are spinning in their graves.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 AM  

Rochester, New York
I didn't hear the new governor's comment in full or in context, but what I did see sure didn't sit well with me, either. There's no problem with elected officials being religious or leaning on religious teachings to help arrive at a solution to a problem. But when they make comments like this it serves no good purpose.

As for the founders spinning in their graves, I'm sure they are. But I suspect the reason has nothing to do with religion given their own predilection for injecting religion into government in one form or another.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Sadly this will likely get him more votes, too many people completely ignore the major issues with mixing religion and government, whether you are a believer or not it is bad, It doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on mixing government with religion is far worse then anything our government currently does wrong
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I didn't hear the new governor's comment in full or in context, but what I did see sure didn't sit well with me, either. There's no problem with elected officials being religious or leaning on religious teachings to help arrive at a solution to a problem. But when they make comments like this it serves no good purpose.

As for the founders spinning in their graves, I'm sure they are. But I suspect the reason has nothing to do with religion given their own predilection for injecting religion into government in one form or another.
Some sort of grave spinning device it is then.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:39 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
2011 and and the Crusades continue.......

If it ever happens I'll try to convert Idaho to Rastafrarianism.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM  

Alabama is the most disappointing state. I feel bad for the few people I know worthwhile that live there. They are tortured every day, I think you lose brain cells just passing through the place.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weininger View Post
Alabama is the most disappointing state. I feel bad for the few people I know worthwhile that live there. They are tortured every day, I think you lose brain cells just passing through the place.
I felt the same about Mississippi. I can't quite grasp how people can't understand there are many religions all worshiping one God. Islam seems to be doing it's part to demonstrate the evils of mixing politics & religion yet some can't see it applies to all.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Might want to move.

Alabama's New Governor Wants Everyone to Become a Christian

Our founding fathers are spinning in their graves.

Mother's Bible
Old 05-18-2011, 03:42 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
I love these mind bender test! Let me see....

Hhhmm, OK, here goes.....Your mother...and her 39's.....read the bible...? Did I get that correct?

Well,....my Dad....and his 12's......read the bible.

We're closer in our core beliefs than I realized.....at least the bible part. Praise God!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I love Thomas Jefferson. This is an excerpt from a letter he wrote to John Adams while Adams was president, second president to third:

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!