Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Which religion is most violent?

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...-most-violent/

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM  

Greenville, SC
That guy who wrote that article is an idiot.

The only thing I can come close to really agreeing with is that when people are involved awful things can happen... We are all born sinners anyway..

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I think he is right. People of all religions can get radical and kill for their religion.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 PM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I think he is right. People of all religions can get radical and kill for their religion.
Atheists as well.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 AM  

Greenville, SC
The guy who wrote the article seems for the most part to be comparing killers who happen to be christian to muslims who kill IN THE NAME OF ALLAH (often shouting allah akbar or whatever...).... Also, when a crazy christian extremist person does something stupid or crazy (the westboro folks come to mind) pretty much all christians disagree with the actions and are quite vocal about it.. But when some muslim terrorist does something you hear NOTHING from the muslim world... Why? Hmm... Your guess may be as good as mine.
Now, I am mostly referring to the modern world.. Historically, yes.. people have been involved and people are capable of many atrocities... Wrongs have been done. I won't disagree with that. I just think it is a ridiculous assertion that the author is trying to make. He is implying that the profile of the terrorism we are likely to face in our country is innaccurate. That, is absurd.
Again, people themselves are violent and violent acts are often carried out for political reasons masked by "religion"... I think that is often the case. With radical Islam I'm not so sure. It is a war on our value system and fundamental differences. Also it is a Biblical conflict. The strife between Christians and Muslims was prophetised in the Bible.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM  

The only religion that is violent is the religion of man, man is violent, he turns everything, including religion, into an excuse to commit violence, and in the case of religion he alters teachings to show God wants this violence and we must carry out His will which is simply not true but it's an excuse.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.