Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Sooo, Tom's "editing" of a purported previously edited set of texts engenders truth heretofore lost?

I'd say he's really just another editor. I've rarely seen an edit job that didn't make errors.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
HTML Code:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704425804576220612714039084.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
This excerpt from a Jefferson letter to president John Adams(second president to third) is to me a classic. It's gonna' come to fruition and those who doubt that it will should read the updates and results of modern day polls which show Christianity on the decline and numbers of atheists growing:

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
those who doubt that it will should read the updates and results of modern day polls which show Christianity on the decline and numbers of atheists growing:
In just the last couple years I was surprised to see how low Church affiliation is in Europe. I think it's higher in the US but the only young ones I see are Mormons doing Missions.

I'm not interested in more atheists. You can even be Tom Cruise and jump about on couches from excessive doses of Scientology. Just keep your religion OUT of MY Gubmint. It has enough problems without Nazca lines or speaking in tongues.
Thomas Jefferson's Cut-and-Paste Bible-budddhism-delivers.jpg 

Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Just keep your religion OUT of MY Gubmint. It has enough problems without Nazca lines or speaking in tongues.
I hear'd that!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads