Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
RF; I stand corrected.

I agree from having watched spiritually developed people attend to life. God's laws are often as simple as WWJD. Quite possibly your "watching" needs some perfecting! A "spiritual invalid", even a poor atheist, knows WWJD is not a law.Maybe parents, maybe schools or maybe growing up in the society of nice people all around me gave me a foundation for doing the right thing. Your point is......."spiritually developed" people, what ever that is, are inclined to do "right"? It sounds like you are surprised that your non-belief returned any goodness in yourself.
It was when I tried to include other's definitions of what that was that it became blurred and unnatural. "That" = ? From meat on Fridays to Limbo to other sliding scales of church policy I watched certain damnation fall out of church favor in several instances. I know you are making a point...but what is it?That was man changing man's laws but attributing them to God. We agree on that!
Expound please. We might not agree but I'd like to better understand your points.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
On a side note two new versions of the bible were released today. [I've wondered if people collect them?].
They replaced the use of "booty" and didn't even use Kardashian.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 AM  

Quote:
On a side note two new versions of the bible were released today. [I've wondered if people collect them?]. I don't "collect" them but I do have most versions. ..just trying to keep up with what I think I believe!!
They replaced the use of "booty" and didn't even use Kardashian.
Hmmmm, picture bibles....that's a thought.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
It sounds like you are surprised that your non-belief returned any goodness in yourself.
Not at all. Even the religious regular church goer generally just believes in their own religion. I simply believe in none of them.
A nun once told us how lucky we were to be Catholic kids cuz the Protestant kids down the street were all going to hell. That crap turns me off and never felt near anything the God I believe in might pull.

Quote:
even a poor atheist, knows WWJD is not a law
I never viewed it as more than a guide much as I view the bible.

Quote:
From meat on Fridays to Limbo to other sliding scales of church policy I watched certain damnation fall out of church favor in several instances. I know you are making a point...but what is it?
My point is that God doesn't ask us to adhere to a value system often based on the political expediencies of man.

If Mormon polygamy was church Doctrine it should not be altered to gain statehood. That's not to pick on the LDS but to illustrate that the agenda of religions differ from those of God.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM  

Quote:
Not at all. Even the religious regular church goer generally just believes in their own religion. I simply believe in none of them.
A nun once told us how lucky we were to be Catholic kids cuz the Protestant kids down the street were all going to hell. That crap turns me off and never felt near anything the God I believe in might pull.

I never viewed it as more than a guide much as I view the bible. OK..but you implied otherwise. But I'm witcha now.

My point is that God doesn't ask us to adhere to a value system often based on the political expediencies of man. Can I get a hallelujah!

If Mormon polygamy was church Doctrine it should not be altered to gain statehood. That's not to pick on the LDS but to illustrate that the agenda of religions differ from those of God. RELIGION IS NOT OF GOD! REPEAT AFTER ME.......OK, I feel better.
Amen brother!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
RELIGION IS NOT OF GOD! REPEAT AFTER ME.......OK, I feel better.
We're in complete agreement on this point. I did find it curious that only when I reached toward God outside the aegis of a religion did a sense of shared purpose touch my life. I like that.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:26 AM  

Quote:
We're in complete agreement on this point. I did find it curious that only when I reached toward God outside the aegis of a religion did a sense of shared purpose touch my life. I like that.
So do I!!

What He begins, He will finish!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads