Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2011, 04:45 PM  

The Tree Of Life

Hi everyone, I?m been reasoning out that life Yahweh has within himself, which is the same life the tree of life produces; that life is cool stuff. Thanks for any reasoning insights one has on this tree of life series. I?m always trying to learn more about this life, thanks.

Post 1 of the tree of life series

If one really thinks about it, having that good and bad knowledge is no guarantee that one will choose or incline towards the good. After all, that?s what the serpent omitted in his speech, before Eve ate off the tree of knowledge of good and bad. The serpent said, ?You are not going to die, but Yahweh knows that as soon as you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like divine beings, who know good and bad.? It?s true in one sense, but false in another; the serpent sort of omitted to point out, that its the power of moral choice alone, that is Yahweh like. The very action that brought Adam and Eve a Yahweh like awareness of their mortal autonomy, was an action that was taken in opposition to Yahweh. Yahweh knows that, that human beings will become like Yahweh, knowing good and bad; it?s one of the things about Yahweh, he knows good and bad, and has chosen the good. For Adam and Eve to have true freedom of will, Adam and Eve have to have the freedom to rebel. This is why this tree is in the garden, next to the tree of life; instead, evil will come about as a result of the clash of the will of Yahweh, and the will of humans, who happen to have the freedom to rebel. Human beings, and only human beings are the potential source of evil, responsibility for evil will lie in the hands of human beings. Yet, evil is represented not as a physical reality, it?s not built into the structure of Eden, evil is a condition of human existence, and to assert that evil stems from human behavior. The drama of Adam and Eve?s life should revolve not around the search for eternal life, nor preoccupation with immortality; it was not in Yahweh?s design for this kind of drama. It was Yahweh?s design for the tree of life to have been eaten of, there was no danger to Adam and Eve going on eternally, being immortal. The eating off the tree of knowledge of good and bad, has caused a moral conflict and tension between Yahweh?s good design for creation, and the free will of human beings that can corrupt that good design. Evil is a product of human behavior, not a principal inherent in the cosmos. Man?s disobedience is the cause of the human predicament. Human freedom can be at one and the same time an omen of disaster, and a challenge, and opportunity.

So despite Adam and Eve?s newfound mortality, humans are going to be a force to be reckoned with. They?re unpredictable to the very Yahweh who created them. Yahweh has to modify his plan, by barring access to the tree of life; that was not something presumably Yahweh planned to do. Adam and Eve had access to this tree up to that point, as long as their will conformed to the will of Yahweh, there was no danger to their going on eternally, being immortal. Once they discovered their moral freedom, once they discovered that they could thwart Yahweh and work evil in the world, and abuse and corrupt all that Yahweh had created, then Yahweh could not afford to allow them access to the tree of life. That would be tantamount to creating divine enemies, immortal enemies. So Yahweh must maintain the upper hand in his struggle with these humans who have learned to defy him. And Yahweh maintains the upper hand in this, the fact that humans eventually must die. Yahweh stations the cherubim and the fiery ever-turning sword to guard the way back to the tree of life, once Adam and Eve were banished from the garden. The tree of life is now inaccessible; no humans have access to immortality, and the pursuit of immortality is futile. So it might be then that Yahweh really spoke the truth after all, the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad did bring death to human race.

Sorry all these reasoning of mine are so long.
The Tree Of Life

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM  

Interesting read. I looked, briefly, at the blog you referenced. Are you garnering your "reasonings" from the referenced blog? If so, you might consider the bible instead, or at least as support text. The blog appears to be a mere paraphrase of certain scriptures.

While your "reasonings" appear to be the result of considerable thought they fall short in considering the attributes of God and various church doctrines. I'm compelled to respond, line by line, to your post but the result would probably not be well received.

If you're truly seeking insight into the subject matter, based on scripture, as the blog is, submit shorter "reasonings" that can be responded to.

I would be more than glad to respond as to what I have learned from/through scripture.

With that...your thoughts are interesting!

BTW..I noticed that this was your first post....WELCOME!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Interesting read. I looked, briefly, at the blog you referenced. Are you garnering your "reasonings" from the referenced blog? If so, you might consider the bible instead, or at least as support text. The blog appears to be a mere paraphrase of certain scriptures.

While your "reasonings" appear to be the result of considerable thought they fall short in considering the attributes of God and various church doctrines. I'm compelled to respond, line by line, to your post but the result would probably not be well received.

If you're truly seeking insight into the subject matter, based on scripture, as the blog is, submit shorter "reasonings" that can be responded to.

I would be more than glad to respond as to what I have learned from/through scripture.

With that...your thoughts are interesting!

BTW..I noticed that this was your first post....WELCOME!
Thanks for your insights, it is a huge undertaking to try to show these reasoning, I tried to leap frog over the old testament and show it in a nut shell, just trying to learn more about that life Yahweh has within himself, thanks.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 AM  

"that life Yahweh has within himself"....You've used this phrase in both of your posts now. It obviously has a profound meaning to you.

It sounds right, or correct, but actually is a mis-statement in application of God's grace toward man. Rather than over complicate it...God is Spirit...God gives life. Jesus, the son of God, 2nd Person of the Trinity, who has eternally existed, created all things, living and otherwise. In this creative process, or work, life was given.

It is my understanding that to say "that life Yahweh has within himself" is not necessarily incorrect if one is referring to God's graceful giving of the gift of life (through the creative work of His son, Jesus). To say "that life Yahweh has within himself" to reference God as being biologically, or organically, alive is theologically incorrect.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
"that life Yahweh has within himself"....You've used this phrase in both of your posts now. It obviously has a profound meaning to you.

It sounds right, or correct, but actually is a mis-statement in application of God's grace toward man. Rather than over complicate it...God is Spirit...God gives life. Jesus, the son of God, 2nd Person of the Trinity, who has eternally existed, created all things, living and otherwise. In this creative process, or work, life was given.

It is my understanding that to say "that life Yahweh has within himself" is not necessarily incorrect if one is referring to God's graceful giving of the gift of life (through the creative work of His son, Jesus). To say "that life Yahweh has within himself" to reference God as being biologically, or organically, alive is theologically incorrect.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain.
Yahweh is a individual, Yahweh is a cool dude. Yeshua has some kind of flesh and bone body Luke 24:36-43 with that same kind of life Yahweh has within himself. Yeshua is another cool individual, two completely different kinds of individuals; one with a body composed of spirit and the other with some kind of flesh and bone body. Thanks for your insights, cool stuff.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnature View Post
Yahweh is a individual, Yahweh is a cool dude. Yeshua has some kind of flesh and bone body Luke 24:36-43 with that same kind of life Yahweh has within himself. Yeshua is another cool individual, two completely different kinds of individuals; one with a body composed of spirit and the other with some kind of flesh and bone body. Thanks for your insights, cool stuff.
I sense a degree of enthusiasm in your response but it makes little sense to me. In one post you state that you were attempting to "leap frog" through the Old Testament, as if it carried little importance to you, yet you continually refer to God and Jesus in Old Testament terms??

*Yahweh is a individual, Yahweh is a cool dude. Yes, He is individual as in a part of the three persons of the Trinity. Is He "cool"?......yeah, I'm cool with that.
*Yeshua has some kind of flesh and bone body Luke 24:36-43 with that same kind of life Yahweh has within himself. Yes, Jesus "had" flesh and bone (He no longer "has" flesh & bone.) which was in perfect union with His deity. If the "life" you mention that both God and Jesus had/has is their Spirit then yes, we agree on the surface. Since, by definition, the three persons of the Trinity are distinctly different...so is their Spirit being distinctly different. So, in essence, God's spirit is not the same as Jesus' spirit. Therefore, both having the same kind of "life" is inaccurate.
*Yeshua is another cool individual, two completely different kinds of individuals; one with a body composed of spirit and the other with some kind of flesh and bone body. I'm smiling now.......Although stated obtusely, yes, we agree on the surface. And, yes, He is cool.

Interesting......different but interesting.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads