Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
U.S. postal service discriminates against atheists

packages sealed with tape marked "atheist" were 10 times more likely to be lost and the ones that were delivered took longer to arrive

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/28/...-to-disappear/

Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Why does this not surprise me?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM  
American

A little good news.....thanks for the smile.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
If it is really true..... Then...I think if I were that company I would remove such worded lables from the outside of my shipping boxes. Just a thought.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:47 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
If it is really true..... Then...I think if I were that company I would remove such worded lables from the outside of my shipping boxes. Just a thought.
+1

I dont argue peoples religious views as long as they KEEP THEM TO THEMSELVES.

I dont care if you are pagan, christian, buddhist(sp), satanist, athiest or even agnostic.

Religion should be like the military once was - dont ask dont tell.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
+1

I dont argue peoples religious views as long as they KEEP THEM TO THEMSELVES.

I dont care if you are pagan, christian, buddhist(sp), satanist, athiest or even agnostic.

Religion should be like the military once was - dont ask dont tell.
I have a "No Solicitors" sign on my front door. Works for everyone except Jehovah's Witnesses. I assume they just can't read.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I have a "No Solicitors" sign on my front door. Works for everyone except Jehovah's Witnesses. I assume they just can't read.
On my front door I have a sign which reads, "No solicitors or religion peddlers" which stops most of the door knock salesmen, but doesn't stop the JW's. When I asked them why they wouldn't honor my sign, that advised they don't consider their door to door religious sales pitches as "peddling." They usually understand what I mean when I slam the door in their faces.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
An old friend of mine, now deceased, loved it when the "religion peddlers" would come to his door. He would grab his Bible and everytime they would tell him something he would tell them that they were wrong and open his Bible and read to them something that contradicted what they had said. He said that most of them never showed up twice.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
A little good news.....thanks for the smile.
why is that good news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
in the article it says they did, the point is that it was a problem in America and when shipping to other countries it is not an issue, so we have all these Christians that are stealing (indirectly) from atheists. (let's keep in mind that America is predominately christian so bets would be well placed on Christians doing this) I think this shows the attitude of many Christians as it has been shown before, atheists are not allowed to advertise atheism and Christians will fight that right. For example when a billboard was placed in Georgia that just said "don't believe in god?, you are not alone" and some Christians acted like it was the most vile thing ever said.

There is a lot of discrimination against non-believers in America, whether Christians want to acknowledge that fact or not, many are downright hateful. It surprised me at my old job how defensive some people got when we were discussing the universe and I mentioned something in the timeframe of billions of years ago, you would think I was arguing 2=5 by the way they reacted.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
why is that good news?

in the article it says they did, the point is that it was a problem in America and when shipping to other countries it is not an issue, so we have all these Christians that are stealing (indirectly) from atheists. (let's keep in mind that America is predominately christian so bets would be well placed on Christians doing this) I think this shows the attitude of many Christians as it has been shown before, atheists are not allowed to advertise atheism and Christians will fight that right. For example when a billboard was placed in Georgia that just said "don't believe in god?, you are not alone" and some Christians acted like it was the most vile thing ever said.

There is a lot of discrimination against non-believers in America, whether Christians want to acknowledge that fact or not, many are downright hateful. It surprised me at my old job how defensive some people got when we were discussing the universe and I mentioned something in the timeframe of billions of years ago, you would think I was arguing 2=5 by the way they reacted.
I support freedom...they are free to go to hell. I don't care what they think but they have pushed what they think on the rest of us. I like nativity scenes on courthouse squares. I thing we should be allowed prayers in schools. There is no such thing as separation of church and state in our Constitution. That is a big lie. It was mentioned in the federalist papers but is not a law.

I can't see enough bad things happen to them for what they have done to our country.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.