Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 PM  

El Paso
How much fun is Reno, Nevada?

I was offered a job in Reno. They are offering to fly me out to look at the city and see what I think. What's there to do in Reno? I appreciate it guys!

I fly out Thursday this week, I might run into some of you!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 AM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Ive lived here for 16 years, and I love it! Lake Tahoe is 30 minutes away, San Francisco is 3.5 hours away. If you're an outdoor advocate you'll enjoy the numerous mountains to hike. We have a wide variety of weather, from 103 in the summer to -10 degree winter nights. We have various outdoor shopping venues and numerous events; including Reno Air Races (vintage airplanes and fighter jet demos), Nugget Rib Cook Off, Artown (downtown gets turned into a outdoor museum), Hot Air Balloon races, Hot August Nights (classic car week), Street Vibrations (Harleys take over the town).

This is the view from my backyard, looking west towards downtown Reno

Hope this helps.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
That's a pretty cool picture
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM  

Shreveport
Very cool view! What do you think about Las Vegas? I've never been, is it overrated?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 AM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLu View Post
Very cool view! What do you think about Las Vegas? I've never been, is it overrated?
I lived in Vegas for a short stint. I wasnt a fan. Its waaaay too hot to beign with. Traffic is bad and a majority of the people are two faced. Visiting there can be fun, but I wouldnt suggest living there. All the houses are stucco and have security doors.I never saw any neighborhoods with fences. Just Block walls. It just has the feeling of people being impersonal. This is just my.02. Northern Nevadans are a lot more down to earth. < This is fact.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:22 PM  
xj go boom!

Reno, nevada
If you are any type of outdoors person, Reno has everything there is. Except waves like the ocean.

Its a resort town with many more activities and things planned than the majority of other cities.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 PM  

Henderson, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I lived in Vegas for a short stint. I wasnt a fan. Its waaaay too hot to beign with. Traffic is bad and a majority of the people are two faced. Visiting there can be fun, but I wouldnt suggest living there. All the houses are stucco and have security doors.I never saw any neighborhoods with fences. Just Block walls. It just has the feeling of people being impersonal. This is just my.02. Northern Nevadans are a lot more down to earth. < This is fact.
What do you mean by ?the majority of the people are two faced?? Traffic is bad compared to what other large city? As far as all of the houses have security doors, just what part of town did you live in? Sure, most of the houses are stucco just like most all of the houses are in the southwest of good old USA. What?s wrong with block walls, after all, wood doesn?t last in the harsher environment like brick does. Granted, life in the desert isn?t for everyone and obviously not for you but to make those comments is just plain hogwash.

Could it be that maybe the problem is with you and not Las Vegas?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 PM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwm52 View Post
What do you mean by ?the majority of the people are two faced?? Traffic is bad compared to what other large city? As far as all of the houses have security doors, just what part of town did you live in? Sure, most of the houses are stucco just like most all of the houses are in the southwest of good old USA. What?s wrong with block walls, after all, wood doesn?t last in the harsher environment like brick does. Granted, life in the desert isn?t for everyone and obviously not for you but to make those comments is just plain hogwash.

I am simply giving my opinion. Unless you live in one of the countless gated communities the neighborhoods kind of suck. I lived at W.Lone Mtn and Durango. Wasnt bad. but Im used to a town where people are more friendly and i dont need security doors or gated community. Northern Nevada is where I like to live.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 PM  

Reno, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwm52 View Post

this forum is relatively new and the flaming has already began??? oh no.. dont let this turn into the PRC on jeepforum

On another note. I just moved to Reno from northern California about 5 weeks ago. So far i love it!! If your an outdoorsy person then this place is awesome. The Ski resorts are only 30min-an hour away. There is tons of hiking in Tahoe. Reno itself is also filled with some hiking and tons of mountain biking trails. Most of the people here are nice and its actually a pleasant place to live. (if you don't include downtown)

one bad thing is...MOST RENO DRIVERS SUCK!!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
one bad thing is...MOST RENO DRIVERS SUCK!!!!!
QFT
10char

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!