Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 AM  
Old outdoorsy type.

Reno, Nevada
Reno is my home base...love exploring the wilderness.

Well, I live and work in Reno but I also get a lot of time off. Much of the time, I am out exploring the Nevada wilderness with my camera. Haven't done much this summer....vehicle troubles...but, I'll be out and about a lot this winter.

Last trip was to Campbell creek, east of Fallon. Nice place pretty high up. I still haven't posted the writeup on my blog but I'll get that done soon enough.

I'm more than willing to try and answer any camping, hiking, hunting type questions if I can.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 AM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
sounds pretty cool

Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 AM  

Henderson, Nevada
I just took a quick look at your blog and it seamed interesting. When I have a bit more time I plan on going back and explore it in length. When you go on these adventures are you alone all the time or once in a while bring someone along?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Where can I find this blog?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:38 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Sorry, I see the link on your post now. I was searching for your name on the blogs on this site.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 PM  

Carson City, Nv
Moved to Carson obut 6 years ago. Been all over the country. Fairly quiet town, but there's soo much around. 40 min from Rubicon, 20 min from Tahoe and it's abundant frisbee golf courses and bouldering. Been exploring the valleys for more boulders to climb. Been finding them.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM  

Parachute, CO
I drove through Nevada on Hwy 50, and I was really surprised at how beautiful eastern Nevada was. There is National Forest land and everything. I was regretful that I already had planned my trip to northern California, but I plan on driving back out there sometime with my Jeep. It looks amazing!
Reno is my home base...love exploring the wilderness.-cali-road-trip-054.jpg 

Old 11-18-2010, 11:20 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Reno's vicinity to so many wilderness areas is one of my favorite things about living here. Go an hour in any direction and you will find yourself in the water, the desert, the woods, the mountains, etc... This time of year I am in complete awe of the changing colors. South on 88 and/or 89 will get you to Hope Valley which is breathtaking right now!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 AM  

Oh, molive... you and your leaves.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 PM  

carson cit, nv
Most mountains in the nation.

"Most people would guess Colorado, but it is Nevada, in the west.
Nevada has more than 300 named mountain ranges, all running north-south as part of the Great Basin complex. Elevations range from 2,000 to 3,000 feet. The state has the most number of peaks above 10,000 feet.
The highest peaks are in the "cold desert" climates of the White Mountains, near Mount Whitney, the highest point in the Lower 48 states, with Boundary Peak (13,145 feet); and Wheeler Peak (13,063 feet) in Great Basin National Park, near the Utah border to the northeast. "

What Is The Most Mountainous State In The United States?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads