Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Rhode Island
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2010, 03:33 PM  

Beervana Fest

I have heard that there are tickets available for the Beervana Fest at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet TONIGHT.

Doors open at 6:30 - $40 per person ... over 300 Beers for the sampling.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM  

Providence, RI
there were...

there were tickets left...

Supposedly their will be another Beervana in the March/April area of 2011. No specific words on this yet though. RI deserves better than the "Great International Beer Fest," which certainly is a different crowd, but emphasized the lack of moderation of the target audience. It was all about high ABVs and full tasting cups, bleh. My interpretation is that Trinity's full-pour high ABV year-round beers have something to do with this...

Old 12-03-2010, 01:36 PM  

Providence, RI
i feel like that Great Inter...bullfest has at this point reached a level where that expectation of drunken-ness has become a self fulfilling prophecy. i helped out at the trinity table pouring some beer and a good majority of the folks demanded (and i mean demanded, not asked) for "the strongest" or "the highest in alcohol". it became quite frustrating. there were a few folks that didnt share the same needs and actually asked questions, about process, methods, ingredients, etc. i was more than happy to slow the line up to chat with them, to very evident frustrations from the fratty types in line.

this 80/20 ratio was blessedly reversed at beervana, clearly with a much more handpicked portfolio of brewers and beers.

i think some of the trouble with the GIBF is managing the thousands(is it like 7000) of people who swarm the convention center for the cheapest open bar in town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Rhode Island
Bookmark this Page!