Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2010, 05:01 PM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Alexandria

Alexandria is a mixed bag. Most of the people are like most big city people friendly on the surface. But I am a history buff and there is just an on imaginable amount of historical places to go in the area. I lived there for to short of a time to have been able to see a lot. But I did get to see some things I always wanted to see like Mt Vernon,Gettiesburgh Pn,the mall in D.C and many of the building there. Plus other battle fields. There is litterally always some place to go and something to do there.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM  
Poison Idea

Been twice and it's more than enough for one lifetime. About a million foreigners who couldn't drive worth a damn.

My dad and I helped his GFs daughter move to a new apartment up there a while back, and man you should have seen some of the looks the muslims were giving us for drinking beer while we were moving, the apartment building she was moving out of was like the UN.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Yea I have to agree the area is over run with foriegners. I used to have a hard time finding a barber shop where the barbers spoke English. One I went to had only one guy that spoke English and he had to translate for all of the customers.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 AM  

Virginia
I love Alexandria, especially Old Town. I lived right outside Old Town for a couple years. Close to DC and all the touristy stuff, but also close enough to the country to get away, go hunting, off-roading, camping, etc.. Lots of history there, and cool ghost tours as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM  

If you like beer go to Rustico, its at the north end of Old Town. It will completely change your view of Alexandria.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!