Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Anyone drive a "Touareg" - Volkswagen?

Does anyone drive a Volkswagen Touareg.......this is my 2004 Model......AWD, V-8 (A gas guzzler - premium grade 'bout 14-15)Exciting capabilities as noted in this video taken in Moab, Utah and others at this website.

Anyone drive a "Touareg" - Volkswagen?-volkswagen-touareg-2004.jpg-.jpg 

Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 PM  

richmond, virginia
i dont own one but ive was thinking about buying before esp the diesel one

Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 AM  
Supporting Member

They are beautiful vehicles and have everything you can think of is on them......they are built on a Porsche chasis and everything in them is real wood, etc. ..... review some of these videos .

http://www.vw.com/en/models/touareg.html

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...reg&FORM=VDRE#

Here's what mine looks like......

VW Touareg Rock Climbing in Moab!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 AM  
Supporting Member

Touareg Fording Capabilities

Do you speak German.......here's a fun video of Touareg

Touareg und Q7 auf dem Mobilen Gel?ndewagenparcour
Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 PM  

Wisconsin
I had a 2005 Model (V8) until last year. I was in Moab twice with it, and had to leave it there last year. I was fording the Dolores river and got a "drive line failure" message as I was in the middle. Everything shut down and it lowered into the emergency (loading) level. The vehicle did not do well as a dam in the river, and soon filled with water (just high enough to reach the battery and the electronics.). That was it's end. I had it towed to Grand Junction, and my insurance adjuster recommended that I should total it. This was my lucky day, because the insurance paid way more than my dealer would for trading it in!

I have now a Jeep with hardly any electronics in it for off road driving and a 3.6 l Passat for sporty driving!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:54 PM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
They are beautiful vehicles and have everything you can think of is on them......they are built on a Porsche chasis and everything in them is real wood, etc. ..... review some of these videos .
You are slightly wrong here. The Porsche Cayenne and the Touareg share the same chassis (so does the Audi Q7), but it was developed by Volkswagen/Audi. The difference between the Cayenne and the Touareg is a different program for the chassis electronics. As V6 Versions, Touareg, Audi and Porsche have the same Audi developed engine. The Audi and the Touareg share the same V8 and Porsche has their own V8.

VW, Audi and Porsche are companies of Volkswagen AG.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
I have been interested in the Toureg since the first time I saw one! I have had my Durango for 11 years this month (has been a good truck - would hate to go back & look at my gas bills for the last 11 years though, would probably make me cry like a baby!). And would love to have one of these beautiful rides. Of course the economy is making me hang on to the older ride longer than I should! And now I have inherited an '87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (which I love) from my late brother-in-law, which needs a bit of work to be able to even sell it.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 AM  
RocknRoll CountryBoy

Kents Store, Virginia
Long time VW owner, had a 2004 Touareg. Absolute worst experience I've ever had with both a vehicle & a company.

I'll NEVER own anything other than an older bug or van again.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM  

I had a Tourag on order when they first came out - V8, Limited, fully loaded. Over 50 grand.

They were in such demand at that time that there was a delay in delivery - and I happened to drop by the Porsche dealer to check out the Cayenne while I waited. Too bad for VW - the Cayenne driving experience was awesome. Went to VW, cancelled my order, and bought the Cayenne. (This was in 2004 - before the ratcheted up their pricing)

I will say that they Tourag was better for offroad driving, but getting off an exit ramp at 90MPG in a 5500lb vehicle is an adrenaline rush in itself!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by maattt View Post
I had a Tourag on order when they first came out - V8, Limited, fully loaded. Over 50 grand.

They were in such demand at that time that there was a delay in delivery - and I happened to drop by the Porsche dealer to check out the Cayenne while I waited. Too bad for VW - the Cayenne driving experience was awesome. Went to VW, cancelled my order, and bought the Cayenne. (This was in 2004 - before the ratcheted up their pricing)

I will say that they Tourag was better for offroad driving, but getting off an exit ramp at 90MPG in a 5500lb vehicle is an adrenaline rush in itself!
And I had the opposite experience. I found the Cayenne to be butt ugly and cheap looking in the inside. I went for the Touareg V8!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!