Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 AM  

Maitland, Florida
Here are more pics. You can also view on olivedrab.com

Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longspur View Post
I have a 2006 Liberty Diesel. Love it. Took this photo @ OBX, NC last year. Looks like it could be a Jeep ad doesn't it?
Well, sadly my Jeep Liberty ended up being a big disappointment. Several recalls and a few of the common problems cropped up for me. Both passenger window motors failed. Both front end wheel bearings had to be replaced. Also replaced a very expensive gel battery for $300. Absolutely no support from Chrysler. So, in May I decided to walk into my Toyota dealer and ask for the biggest, most expensive, gas guzzler machine they had. Proudly drove away in a Sequoia. I bought every option they had and a seven year bumper to bumper warranty. The salesman looked as happy as if he just found a quarter in his poop. So far, it has been nine months of hard running and towing and not a lick of problems and no recalls. If you have an old Jeep keep it in good repair and cherish it, but I would not take a new one if they gave it to me free. I was a loyal American car buyer for 50 years, but that is over now.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 AM  

Most of us have never placed the "Liberty" in the same classification as the Wrangler. They are and will always be considered junk IMHO!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM  

Richmond,Va., Virginia
I will never buy another import...EVER! next time you are out driving around look around and see just how many 10 year old imports are still on the road.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:23 PM  

I wouldn't say that a Liberty is inferior. I would say that a Liberty was designed with a different purpose in mind. I have wheeled with friends with a liberty that was lifted but was unable to keep up due to the limited type of lifts available at that time. Liberty was designed as a mall vehicle. As far as the problems you have encountered you have to remember that a diesel has more torque and needs a deeper cycling battery. It shouldn't have cost $300. I do like the liberty look. I wish that they had come out with the original concept. It would have been a wrangler front with the rest of the body of the Liberty.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:34 PM  

I am going to be selling my YJ soon. I need to get the seats out and put others into it. I have 2 other vehicles to build and ran out of time to fix it up. I am not selling the Corbeau racing seats with it. Be putting The Jeep on Craigs list or is there a better place to list vehicles here in the Richmond area?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads