Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 07:37 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
The Poe Museum was much cooler than I thought it would be, for anyone who has even a passing interest. Housed in one of the (if not the) oldest standing homes in Richmond and a short walk from Shockoe Bottom.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:46 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Hollywood Cemetery,S. Cherry Street, Richmond, Virginia and the Tobacco Company Rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwtist View Post
One of my favorite places in Richmond is the "Tobacco Company" restaurant. We live in No. Virginia, but my wife makes sure to take me down to Richmond for the night and have b-day dinner at Tobacco Co. I love that place, great steaks, and an awesome atmosphere.

Love the Hollywood Cemetery as well. It's nice to drive/walk through it and see all the civil war famous names.

Just thought I would add the links to the resturant and the Hollywood Cemetery....they are great places to visit!

The Tobacco Company Restaurant - Casual Fine Dining, Historic Shockoe Slip, Richmond, VA

South Cherry Street, Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond, VA - Google Maps

Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 AM  
Supporting Member

Edgar Allen Poe Museum, 1914 E. Main Street, Richmond, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibull View Post
The Poe Museum was much cooler than I thought it would be, for anyone who has even a passing interest. Housed in one of the (if not the) oldest standing homes in Richmond and a short walk from Shockoe Bottom.

This museum is really old, and the building is quite small.....you'll miss it driving by if you're not looking for it......here the Google Map link where you can take a look.

Panoramio - Photo of Edgar Allan Poe House

poe museum, richmond, va - Google Maps
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
This time of year I like to take out of town guests on a drive down Monument at night. See all of the big houses with the Christmas lights all done up. its pretty cool
Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM  
Supporting Member

Boozefighter's motorcycle club at the general robert e. Lee monument on monument ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhstelter View Post
This time of year I like to take out of town guests on a drive down Monument at night. See all of the big houses with the Christmas lights all done up. its pretty cool
For folks that aren't familiar with Monument Avenue....here's where it derives it's name....the photo is of the "BOOZEFIGHTER'S" motorcycle club that went there for an event for the day (my son-in-law is currently president)....of course, I did a little "photo editing" on the second,
Cool places to see in Richmond-boozefighters-general-robert-e.-lee-monument-%3D.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-boozefighters-general-robert-e.-lee-monument-.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-boozefighters-motorcycle-club.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-boozefighters-lee-monument-.jpg 

Old 12-28-2010, 08:36 PM  

Prince George, VA
The Camel and Balliceaux for live music. A show at one of the many theatre companies in town. Firehouse Theatre does a $5 reader's series as well as their regular season.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM  

Richmond, VA, Virginia
If you want Civil War history, go the the Museum of the Confederacy at 12th and Clay. Parking a nuisance since MCV made the hospital so big that the sun never shines on the museum, or the Confederate White House, for that matter.
I stay away from Tredegar Ironworks, since that museum is a politically correct, revised history museum. They have a big statue of lincoln out front, but they refused to have one (given to them) of Jefferson Davis. Who was the President here during the War?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 AM  
Supporting Member

Museums in Richmond, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
If you want Civil War history, go the the Museum of the Confederacy at 12th and Clay. Parking a nuisance since MCV made the hospital so big that the sun never shines on the museum, or the Confederate White House, for that matter.
I stay away from Tredegar Ironworks, since that museum is a politically correct, revised history museum. They have a big statue of lincoln out front, but they refused to have one (given to them) of Jefferson Davis. Who was the President here during the War?
The first building is the "Museum of the Confedacy and the second is Tredegar.........there are also a couple museums on the "Bulevard"..

If you like museums, you'll want to peruse this link.......

museums in richmond, va - Bing
Cool places to see in Richmond-white-house-confederacy-richmond-virginia.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-img_4113.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-tredegar-iron-works-now-confederate-museum.jpg 

Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM  
Supporting Member

THE "CARILLON".........WORLD WAR I MEMORIAL.........
LOCATED IN BYRD PARK.............
http://www.richmondgov.com/parks/Carillon.aspx
Cool places to see in Richmond-img_4733.jpg 

Cool places to see in Richmond-img_4730.jpg 

Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 AM  

Richmond,Va., Virginia
the ghetto

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!