Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 AM  

richmond, VA
do you bike?

Just curious. For recreation or transportation or both? Do you feel safe biking on city streets? Offer your input to the City of Richmond here: Survey provided by FreeOnlineSurveys.com

Old 09-25-2010, 07:13 AM  
Poison Idea

Picking up my brothers bike to borrow for a bit today. I'll be riding it to work daily (about a mile) and around church hill, like to the corner store, friends houses, ect.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is cobble stone since I work on Cary near Sines.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
I live east of the city, so my bike riding I prefer to do in Williamsburg. Much safer and more bike friendly. Ride the Cap2Cap regularly. Can't wait till more of it is finished.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:20 PM  
Lost in translation

Richmond, VA
I'm guessing you don't mean this kind of biking:

All kidding aside, I'm not comfortable riding the roads in Richmond. The driving habits of our city-mates are not conducive to sharing the road with folks on 2 wheels (even when there is a motor attached). I stick to mountain biking in the parks.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 PM  
Poison Idea

Meh, I rode a scooter and a motorcycle for a few years and I bike to and from work daily now. It's really not that bad and really teaches you to be aware of your surroundings and how to drive defensively.

I've had a lot more close calls in my old Jeeps than I ever did on 2 wheels.

Only time I've ever been close to being hurt on 2 wheels was on Riverside drive because some inconsiderate jackass trimmed a bunch of monkey grass and threw it in the road around a turn right after it rained. I fishtailed HARD, no idea how I recovered it, but I had to pull over to collect myself after I did. Girl behind me pulled over to check on me, she looked like she'd had a heart attack lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM  

Richmond, VA
You got me excited with the bike question. I guess my idea of biking is on another thread.
do you bike?-1999-silver-dyna-wideglide.jpg 

Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM  
Cyclicious

Flagstaff, AZ
I ride daily by motorcycle or bicycle. I may get cold here in Flag but it's not to cold to ride year around.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
A couple harley's - bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbancrawler View Post
You got me excited with the bike question. I guess my idea of biking is on another thread.
Here's a couple bikes-?? A Classic Harley and a 2009......my Son-in-Law's & Daughter
do you bike?-marcs-harley-1..jpg 

do you bike?-marc-daniele-linda-marcs-new-harley-davidson-motorcycle-57-.jpg 

Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM  

Richmond, Va
I mountain Bike as well as Motor Bike. Victory V92 and a Diamond Back

Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 PM  

Richmond, VA
Ride on

I must admit traveling on 2 wheels by my own power is my favorite way to get around. Makes me feel like a kid out exploring.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads