Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Roanoke
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM  

Louisville, KY
what's up Roanoke

what is there to do in town? I have family near, are there any neat events going on around Christmas?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 AM  

Virginia
I lived in Roanoke in the late 90s. Left at the end of 2000. It is one of my favorite "big-little" cities. When I lived there, they used to close down a few blocks downtown on Fri/Sat nights and have live bands, food, etc.. It was a blast. One of my favorite memories was seeing Blessid Union Of Souls there, right on the street, performing.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:48 AM  

Roanoke, VA
During warmer weather, we still do First Friday's. First Friday of the month is the block party downtown.

We just had the Christmas Parade, it's usually held (by accident) the coldest and wettest day of the year.

Here's a good site to check the festival schedule in town or close.
Roanoke Outside Homepage
Old 12-21-2010, 06:58 PM  

Pearisburg, Va
Corned Beef & Co downtown is a great resturant. Good food and atmosphere.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 PM  

I'm a little late to the party but there is a hoiday celebration called Dickens of a Christmas hosted downtown every year before Christmas. My dad loves it, people roast chestnuts and there are horse and buggy rides around downtown.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 PM  

MANASSAS, VA
Texas Tavern is a great old timey place to stop in and get burger, hotdog, and a pop!!! It is a must for me whenever I am down there. nom nom nom

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Roanoke
Bookmark this Page!