Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Bear Spotted on RIT Campus

Lions and tigers and bears,,,

Bear Spotted on RIT Campus - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

Quote:
Henrietta, N.Y.- The State Department of Conservation was called to RIT Friday for the report of a bear on campus.

We're told the bear was spotted near the NTID dormatories around 12:30 p.m.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:32 AM  

Macedon, Ny, NY
This is a good and a bad thing...reforestation is leading to the increase in black bears around this region. The forest lands that were depleted in the 1800's for farming are becoming reforested again...leading to the increase in range for black bear formerly only found up north or in the southern-tier.

Jeff (teet)

Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM  

Washington DC, Washington DC
Unfortunately the bear is now dead =\ It was hit by a driver.

Bear Captured on RIT Campus Struck & Killed by Car - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
Had one in my driveway not long ago. Scared the poop outta my kid when he pulled in the driveway!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM  

Lima, NY
My wife watched a little boy many years ago. He grew up to be the DEC tech that was shown in the paper tagging that bear.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM  

Rochester, New York
yea i saw a young black bear way off in the distance across the field on my farm in albion

its cool to see them but i hope they dont start getting after my calves or i'll have a freezer full of bear to eat
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 PM  

Lima, NY
We had a sow and two cubs almost run us over a couple of years ago while deer hunting in Allegany County. One of the cubs came out of the goldenrod on a deer trail about 20 feet from where we were field dressing a small doe. He squealed and ran back. A few minutes later we heard a loud grunt in the goldenrod and feared the sow would protect her young cub. They, however, turned around and went back into the woods to circle around us. We saw them on the side-hill about 150 yards from us. It was a great site to see the mother and two cubs running in the distance.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads