Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM  

penfield, New York
My Jeep was robbed.

Well, what can I say, I hate working downtown, and parking in an unsecured parking lot and still having to pay. WEAK. Well one day I parked my car almost just like any other day, I was being harrassed by a crackhead, it was funny but soo annoying. so this was around lunch time, this crackhead who i see everyday approaches me asks me if i smoke, i say no and laugh as im still smoking, he then asks for a ride, i say no, so he keeps asking for about 2 minutes, then he asks for money, i say i'm broke, he then continues asking for about 5 minutes. Then he asks for a cig, i say no. he then continues for 5 minutes when I see no end, i give him my butt maybe 2 drags left and he leaves. I take off my radar detector, and my faceplate and lock it in the center console (I learned its a mistake to do that). I then go into work, come back out at 4:30, see my seats are reclined so Im like interesting what happened, then I got in my car to see the back window unzipped(thank you so much for nto cutting it) my dash ripped out, my deck gone, my radar mount gone, I then open the center console and well, I was PISSED to see all of my stuff gone. the only christmas present my dad gave me, stolen the first day it was in the car. so I call the cops, he pretty much says your boned unless he took more than your deductable, he didn't, left my 400 dollar ski coat in the back seat and just took my pricey electronics valued around 400 as well. I decided not to make a report and to just eat it. I feel like I got targeted what do you think?

Well just incase you guys are wondering what gear is missing, its an Alpine deck, with the glidetouch technology Can't remember the model number right now, and a Cobra XRS 9960G Voice Alert 15-Band Radar/Laser Detector

Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM  

That just sucks, but at least they didn't knife your top. Glad the parking lot attendant was on duty! While it is possible to get into almost any car or truck, I would not leave my soft top Jeep anywhere in the city unattended. Even with my alarm system. Hate to be that way, but it is what it is. I don't even have a radio in mine anymore partially due to theft, but also because it's more purpose built for off road than a street machine.
Keep an eye on CraigsList for your stuff.
Good luck.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:52 PM  

Sorry to correct you but robbery is theft by force or fear against a human. Burglary is the taking of property in an enclosed shelter or vehicle. It's my 25 years of my prior employment coming out in me....
Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I learned fast with my Jeep to never leave anything of value in it and put anything of minor worth in my Tuffy console.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:46 PM  

My friends jeep was also robbed in Rochester lately I am so glad I do not live downtown or in a bad neighborhood.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM  

geneva, new york
Well i have to say... it kinda sucks that he didnt cut your top. My jeep got "broken" into and they cut the window and part of one of the rear top corners, well dont know if you have looked at the cost of a new OEM soft top but they are like $1300 bucks from the stealership. So insurance company cut me a check for $1650 after my deductable (since the actual top had been cut) and I went right out and bought an aftermarket top, replaced my stereo with another $50 walmart special and made out with over a grand to spent on mods... that really turned my week around!

Also i then went and installed this... best $40 bucks and 3 hours I ever spent, added a lock since the photo was taken, pretty sure you would need a grinder or a torch to get into it! Four grade 5 bolts right through the tub... And now i just leave my doors unlocked
My Jeep was robbed.-img_20101221_133031_1024.jpg 

Old 02-17-2011, 04:39 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I feel for you and I rally detest thieves. However..... any half proficient thief can get in your car and a 6 year old with a dull knife can get into a jeep.
A jeep is the most fun on 4 wheels I know of but it's not a good place to leave nice things.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Bookmark this Page!