Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
Rochester NY Zoo

Any Zoo fans out there? I have loved it since I was a kid and have been a member for many years.

This weekend marks the 21st birthday of Admiral the river otter. He's the oldest captive river otter in North America.

February 4th is this years first Zoobrew. Beers, wine and music at the zoo. Adults only!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:09 PM  

Woburn, Massachusetts
The Seneca Zoo is pretty awesome.

I used to go there all the time as a kid. I now live in Boston, but came back last summer and visited it with my wife. It's pretty amazing! Lots of cool animals and environments. They've put a *lot* of work into it.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
Seneca Park Zoo | The Natural Place for Families | Zoo Rochester NY

Looks like we'll finally be seeing lions again!!

Quote:
Seneca Park Zoo to get three lions for new exhibit

Seneca Park ZooROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Rochester's Seneca Park Zoo is ready to break ground on a new exhibit featuring three lions. The Seneca Park Zoo Society has raised 80 percent of its $4.5 million goal for the project.

The county is contributing $500,000 to pay for a building that will house restrooms and concessions, bringing the total project cost to $5 million. Zoo society director Rachel Baker August says the project is meant to show families how animals and people interact in Africa.

Zoo visitors can get on a stationary safari bus and watch the lions through the glass, with the bus serving as a boundary between lions and the public. The exhibit is scheduled to open in late summer or early fall.

The zoo has no lions, unlike zoos in Buffalo and Syracuse, and the lions' arrival is expected to bring in more visitors.
Seneca Park Zoo*to get*three lions for new exhibit | www.WHEC.com
Old 01-23-2011, 04:02 PM  

I haven't been in years. What type of activities go on in the winter there?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads