Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing View Post
Brian - you think Pittsford is the mother ship? You should see the new stores in Maryland and Virginia!
Yeah, I heard there were bigger stores outside the greater Rochester area. It's the biggest one in Rochester, and has been given the moniker "mother ship" by locals.

It's good that Wegmans is spreading out. When I lived in Baltimore, Giant was the best choice and I didn't care for that store....

Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 AM  

west palm beach, fl
i miss wegmans.
they dont have them in west palm.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:14 PM  

Rochester
Wegmans is truly a world class grocery store compared to other chains across the country. they constantly try to be innovative with layouts and offerings.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM  

Woburn, Massachusetts
Man, I miss Wegmans so much. All we have around us is Stop and Shop.

It's an essential ritual that we make daily runs to the Webster Wegmans when we all come home for Thanksgiving. My wife and I *love* gummies. In Boston it's like 3 bucks for a quarter pound. WTF? That's 4 times the Wegman's price.

See, now I'm all sad, missing my Wegmans.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:55 PM  
The Vampire's Wife

Sanborn, New York
lol silly
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM  

Lima, NY
Don't forget to check out the NY Wine and Culinary Center in Canandaigua. Home - New York Wine & Culinary Center Wegman's was one of the three primary sponsors.

Wegman's also works with local farmers to get fresh, local produce. I met a farmer the other day and he mentioned Wegman's will meet with farmers and suggest produce they could use. He put in 700 acres of Yukon Gold potatoes and several acres of onions, garlic etc. I'm hungry writing this.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
I end up making a special side trip going through NJ so I can go to the Bridgewater store.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM  
The Resident Vampire

Sanborn, Ny
I personally think wegmans sucks as a grocery store. Half the time they cost more than tops, they have the worse meat department.

The ONLY thing I buy from them is dasani water cases. Super walmart is right across the street and trumps them so hard.

I dont know how they stay in business they are the third best grocery store in out area.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM  

geneva, new york
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADSLRAM View Post
It's not wierd. All you have to do is get stuck having to go to other supermarkets to appreciate Wegmans. Even the super walmarts have less selection and higher prices...besides the people of walmart that inhabit them.
Could not agree more... just got back from a weeks vaction and all we had access to was a PigglyWiggly ... holy wow was I glad to see the big W again when I got home. Nothing like being able to buy fresh non rotten produce!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:25 PM  

penfield, New York
weggies

While wegmans is by far my favorite grocery store I've ever shopped in, Tops does seem to be cheaper. Also wegmans doesn't have my favorite cereal, but tops does. but wegmans chinese, pizza, subs, sushi will blow out any other supermarkets foods, its delicious.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.