Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM  

Stockton, Ca
Hollister Hills is fun in the rain!!!

I used to have a link to a bunch of off road trails out Hwy 4, 108, and 120... I'm sure there are tons up 50 and 80!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM  
California Jeepin'

Magalia, CA
Head up highway 70 until you get to Oroville, Paradise (Pentz Road), or Quincy, depending on how far you want to go. If you get to Oroville take Olive Highway and just keep going up the mountain. I've only been up as far as Bucks Lake (GREAT fishing!), but there are lots of trails up there. If you go to Paradise, just go straight up through Paradise, keep going past Magalia, Stirling City, and Inskip. The road will turn dirt and you'll find lakes and enough trails to get lost on. Up at the High Lakes (stay right on all the trails) there is some pretty hard-core wheeling spots. They are in the process of paving the road between Inskip and Butte Meadows, so BM will be more accessible (lots of wheeling up there too). I don't know much about Quincy, only that there is wheeling there too.

If you are going to go, wait until a good rainstorm has passed by. The mud is loads of fun. In December there will be feet of snow, so the trails won't be easy to navigate.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:05 AM  

Sacromento, California
Ford dice is great up outta auburn!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:06 AM  

Sacromento, California
Prairie city is great
Old 11-18-2010, 11:38 PM  

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJtrailmaster View Post
Prairie city is great
Prairie City is pretty good but the 4x4 area is too small for my liking. I took my girlfriend (now my wife) there on one of our first dates and I honestly havent been back since. that was january of '09. im sure its changed since then but even for my mostly stock Jeep nothing there other than the big rock piles is much of a challenge. it got boring to me. especially if you go by yourself.

FORDYCE is fun but parts of it can be a little too difficult for even very capable rigs. definitely do not go to that trail by yourself.

Hollister Hills is very fun and never boring whether its wet or dry. i grew up in Hollister and my dad took me to the hill many many times. bring tow straps. there will definitely be a dumb*ss or ten that would appreciate your help.

Strawberry canyon off of HWY 50 E past Kyburz about 15 - 20 miles or so is a lot of fun but gets snowed in every year. I dont know about the weather up there right now but i went there in the snow once with the local club here and we had to turn around about a third of the way in. i later went again with the club during late spring and it was an awesome trail.

small part of Strawberry canyon;
Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM  

Lodi, CA, CA
Fordyce Creek (off 80 over Donner Summit) is money. Not too crowded, beautiful setting, and mean wheeling.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:47 PM  

sacramento, california
The Strawberry Trail up out of Kyburz is pretty fun.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM  

Lodi, CA
I will have to check out some of these places I have heard there is some good wheeling around the silver lake area as well not sure of the name of the trail though..
Old 12-02-2010, 11:46 PM  

Strawberry Pass is the correct name, and it's a beautiful trail.

Strawberry Pass goes from 50 to 88 then Deer Creek is from 88 to 4 then Slickrock is off of 4.

Fordyce is harder than the Rubicon. Prairie City is pretty boring. Hollister Hills rocks.

There are also some fire trails up around Pollock pines / Mormon immigrant gap.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM  
Beer is now cheaper than

Rancho Cordova, California
I second Hollister Hills SVRA. My wife was just airlifted from there over the Turkey day holiday. Get staff and always helpful. Trails are the best when its raining by the way!!!

Wife was fine by the way. They just took precautions. BTW the Bill from Calstar was $37,000.00. Thank god for Insurance.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!