Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 08:50 AM  

chico, ca
Bidwell Mansion

If you get up north of Sacramento to the town of Chico, don't miss a tour of Bidwell Mansion. Located on the campus of Chico State.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Another place here if your into dragsters and dirt bike racing is Sacramento Raceway Park at 5305 Excelsior Rd. A few nights a month you can even bring your street car and take it for a run down the 1/4 mile for a nominal fee and passing safety inspection. (Braket Racing)

Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 PM  

Davis, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPT View Post
If you are into Hockey you can head over to San Jose and watch a Sharks game. Its only about 2.5 hours away!
Or you can head down to Stockton and watch a Thunder game. It's $25 for glass seats and only ~40 minutes away!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM  

Sacramento, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
Points of Interest.......The RUBICON!!
The Rubicon: it's not just a 4x4 trail, it's also the oldest continuously run brewpub in Sacramento!

Check out the Rubicon Brewing Co. on Capitol Ave @ 20th St. Great beers, and great food.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:19 PM  

Sacramento, CA
If you like riding bikes and I assume you do since you are from Davis you must checkout the American River Bike Trail. It goes from Old Sacramento all the way up to Folsom Lake, about 31 miles.

Here is a map in PDF format http://www.sacregion511.org/bicyclin..._Biketrail.pdf
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 AM  

Sacramento
I'm rather partial to driving the roads along the river. Heading south on Freeport Ave. will take you through Freeport onto the delta. Lots of tiny old towns with interesting history there and decent views.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 AM  

Sacramento, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphector View Post
I'm rather partial to driving the roads along the river. Heading south on Freeport Ave. will take you through Freeport onto the delta. Lots of tiny old towns with interesting history there and decent views.
I just discovered The Delta myself. Freeport, and even Clarksburg, is an easy bike ride from South Sacramento (13 miles from Stockton and 50).

The Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg is a fun destination, housing six wineries (and their tasting rooms) from the Clarksburg appellation.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention... navigating the freeways at midnight is always fun. You'll drive for hours before you realize you are still in Sac and have been going in circles.
Yer not kidding! I've taken the wrong I-80 so many times... silly.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Saint View Post
Is this a good place for me to take teens and/or pre-teens or is it more of a young adult atmosphere?
Heck yea. It's a blast for kids and adults. It stinks from the propane tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Another place here if your into dragsters and dirt bike racing is Sacramento Raceway Park at 5305 Excelsior Rd. A few nights a month you can even bring your street car and take it for a run down the 1/4 mile for a nominal fee and passing safety inspection. (Braket Racing)
I haven't been there in a while but bracket racing used to be every Wednesday night.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 AM  

I'd have to recommend a burger and beer from the Flaming Grill on El Camino ave if you're into that sort of thing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!