Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2010, 11:43 PM  

Quincy, California
Rubicon trail

Anyone been through this year ? we had a new baby in Aug and have not gone , am planing on doing part of the trail this deer season and wonder if it has been getting used much , happy trailing all !

Old 10-01-2010, 02:20 PM  

Sacramento, California
soooo

where exactly is the rubicon? I am not really sure
i suppose I could look it up online but I would rather have people tell me about it.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 PM  

sacramento, ca
Loon Lake

The way I know to get there is to go up Hwy 50 East to Icehouse RD. Follow that to Loon Lake. Once you are at Loon Lake go over the dam and all the way around the lake to the left. At the end you can look down to the left and see a little trailer. Go down the dirt road and you will be able to enter the Rubicon. Good Luck!!

As for the original poster, sorry but I have no been up there yet this year, just got my YJ running.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM  

Elk Grove, California
im bummed out havent been able to get up there this year....looks like i may go up this winter and freeze my arse off again....
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM  

San Jose, CA
I was up there a few weeks ago. Was pretty quiet but I'm sure that it just depends on the weekend.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 AM  

San diego, Ca
Deer season? Gonna combine offroading and hunting? I had a neighbor run that last month, but he had a Rubicon, and I just have a regular wrangler......
Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM  
The Great Dabbler

Roseville, CA
I wanna go...

I haven't had the chance to ever get up there. Now that I have a jeep I am interested in getting up sometime but my mechanic skills are beyond rusty so I'm going to wait until I gather up a few more knowledgeable and trustworthy cohorts to mooch knowledge and expertise off of.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM  

San diego, Ca
Good plan! Strength in numbers
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM  

Stockton, Ca
I've been wanting to go for years. My kids were to small, but are getting to the age that we could do a nice camping trip up there... bring the wife's Unlimited Rubi with my CJ5 in tow... It may be too cold for the little ones now, but maybe spring.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM  
The Great Dabbler

Roseville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicr1 View Post
I've been wanting to go for years. My kids were to small, but are getting to the age that we could do a nice camping trip up there... bring the wife's Unlimited Rubi with my CJ5 in tow... It may be too cold for the little ones now, but maybe spring.
My kids are either grown and out of the house or old enough to take care of themselves...thank goodness. Camping up near Loon Lake was one of the ideas that I had. I figured that I could watch some of the more crazy drivers while not taking as much risk with mine until I have taken the time to do all the mods I would like to do.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.