Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 AM  

Sacromento, California
Man I havent this year. I wanted to really bad but I was really sick most of the year so unfortunatly my wife has just been cruising around in my jeep using as a pavement princess. Its so so sad lol

Old 10-20-2010, 09:19 PM  

Baker City, Oregon
I've never been to the rubicon, but when I lived in northern ca, (Yreka) We have quite a few pretty cool places we would go....not quite like the rubicon, but alot of them very nearve racking.....but the rubicon would be a cool one to run.....

Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 AM  

I ave been thereonce had a lot of fun.. It was a good time. Oncei get out to CA i will have to look into gettint a replacement for my jeep that i sold here in Utah..
Old 12-02-2010, 11:38 PM  

I go at least two times a year. I rarely take my truck through tho. My pretty stock fullsize makes it through but it's beyond difficult not getting high centered or body damage. So far not really any body damage, except for my rocker.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:26 AM  

vallejo, california
Cant wait to try, on my bucket list, on schedule for next summer after i finish lift and 8.8 install.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 PM  

Elk Grove, California
Can't wait for summer this is first year with new cherokee and new lift/tires/wheels going on this week....
Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Here's a link from last years trip. I have one from this year also.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM  

Sacramento, California
i went up there in may just before my wedding. the bypasses that used to be there were covered up and closed off. i went to a meeting with the CCMG (Capitol City Mountain Goats) 4x4 club where the water resource board was petitioning to close the rubicon for excessive sediment buildup caused by the 4x4's and other vehicles which blocks normal water runoff. it was really a joke though. they didnt know what they were talking about or how to present it. they were also complaining about the petroleum based spills on the rocks and trail as well as human waste along the entire length of the trail. those last two are understandable though. pick up after you take a **** and clean up your oil spills.

anyway, its still open with less bypasses but its still just as fun.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 AM  

Sacramento, California
I went up in July right before the Jamboree and it was amazing. Weather was great and my Cherokee did amazing. My first time all the way through and it was soo much fun. Going again at least twice a year.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:29 PM  

Sonora, CA
What is the best time of year to take the trail for a first timer?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!