Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM  

California
What do you like most about Sacramento?

For me it is the amazing diversity in activities within two hours any direction. You have Tahoe to the east, San Francisco to the west with the best wine country in the world in between. There is the Delta to the south for world class bass fishing and Clear Lake to the north for the same. Sacramento may not be a destination in and of itself, but there are destinations all around us.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM  
Beer is now cheaper than

Rancho Cordova, California
Don't forget the Hay fever!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:50 PM  

Sacramento, California
The weather is pretty fine and the Sacramento and American Rivers are great for a variety of activities.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:52 PM  

Sacramento, CA
I agree, there are so many things to do in close proximity. Makes Sacramento an ideal 'crash pad' for exploring the surrounding area.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:33 PM  

Yuba City, California
The view of the skyline in my rearview mirror as I head back home LOL
Old 12-21-2010, 01:34 PM  

Sacramento, CA
The weather is good for growing fruit and vegtables, if your into that it doesn't get much better.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:53 AM  

Sacramento, CA
Honestly, the best thing about Sacramento is not anything WITHIN Sacramento. Great fishing in the Delta near Vallejo. Within an hour's drive from Placerville and a couple hours from Tahoe. Not a long drive to get to San Fran or Monterey. It's a good centralized location to keep everything in close proximity.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 PM  

Sacramento, CA
I also have to say it's all about location...close enough to world-class skiing and still close to SF...and downtown Sac is really coming along as a cool place to hang out.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 PM  

San Jose, CA
I agree that you can trek to many nearby places from Sacramento. But if you are looking for a good time in Sacramento go down to Old Town Sacramento and see the railroad museum, stroll along the wooden sidewalk streets window shopping the businesses, dine at one of the many restaurants, and don't forget to see the Delta King riverboat moored on the Sacramento River.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 AM  

Whenever I go up there, I make it a point to visit the Peace Officer Memorial to see the names of many of my friends who were killed in the line of duty.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads