Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM  

Sacramento, CA
Peripheral Canal

The State just aproved a planning document to restore the delta of which the center piece is a redesigned peripheral canal, dual 30' diameter 40 mile long tunnels that will take water out of the Sac. River and bypass the delta to deliver the water to the Tracy pumping plants. How this restores the delta escapes me but it will insure the water delivered to the south is not contaminated by salt water intrusion.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:24 PM  

Yuba City, California
You got it brotha!!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 AM  

That's okay, LA can have it, it's full of gas and oil from illegals dumping stolen cars into the canal.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM  
Master of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
That's okay, LA can have it, it's full of gas and oil from illegals dumping stolen cars into the canal.
Ya, thought that was interesting when they were talking about that on the news reports. Just make them pay more for it and maybe they'll try conserve it like they force us to....
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 PM  

With the prices we pay, we have no choice but to conserve. My water bill has increased 300% in one year. My bill is ~$150 per month just for the wife and I, in the winter, with no sprinklers at all!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 PM  
Master of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
With the prices we pay, we have no choice but to conserve. My water bill has increased 300% in one year. My bill is ~$150 per month just for the wife and I, in the winter, with no sprinklers at all!
Dang....150....makes you wonder if your washing with water or champagne.
They are getting ready to put meters in my area, so hopefully my bill will go down...but I doubt it.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampnFever View Post
They are getting ready to put meters in my area, so hopefully my bill will go down...but I doubt it.
At my Havasu house, before they installed my meter, I had all the water I wanted for $29.95 a month. They said with a meter, my water bill would be reduced drastically. I had the meter installed, and now pay $80 per month, for a place I visit about 5 times a year. Yep, I was duped!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampnFever View Post
Ya, thought that was interesting when they were talking about that on the news reports. Just make them pay more for it and maybe they'll try conserve it like they force us to....

I should also mention that in order to conserve water, we have been forced to use the old philosophy of "If it's brown, flush it down....if it's yellow, let it mellow!" So to answer your question, we in Southern California are forced to conserve water and still paying the premium price.

Do people in your area go to this extreme?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
I think that it is Funny that they built a City in the middle of a desert and then complain about not having water.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!