Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2011, 04:05 PM  

Omaha, Nebraska
Jeep enthusiast lookin to move to SLC...

I'm a Jeep enthusiast looking to move to SLC within a year. Any one on here into wheeling?

I'm a beginner. Just bought my Jeep a couple months ago and I'm lookin to make a hobby out of off-roading once I get out there. It'd be great to get hooked up with the right people.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 PM  

North Ogden, UT
Terra Flex is based in Murray, Ut which is a suburb of SLC on the south end.

Unless you absolutely have to live in SLC, I suggest you look around. Home prices are highest in the Salt Lake county area. there are beautiful places to live in the Ogden area that are much more affordable and much less conjested. great commuter transportation from the north via commuter rail and express bus lines. North Ogden, Eden, Liberty are awesome places to live and on top of great out door activities...literally at your door step. Jeepin is everywhere with many great outfitters and shops.

All Pro Off-road and auto in Farr West is a great outfitter with the most honest folks I've met in the business.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 PM  

Moab, Utah
be sure to join the jeepforum so you can get out there and meet us Ut Jeepers. Look me up on there, same user name
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM  

ogden, utah
little moab is very fun !
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM  

Cedar City
Hook up with a Jeep club when you get here. Utah is a great state to be a Jeep owner. You can spend a lifetime exploring, and not have to see the same places over again.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM  

Chicago, IL
Utah Jeeper

I would definatley look up the folks at Red Rock 4 wheelers, a great bunch on folks.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM  

Omaha, Nebraska
Thanks for all the input fellas. I'll actually be out in SLC in a couple weeks for about a week. No jeep with me unfortunately tho. Any thing cool that I should check out?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 PM  

west jordan, utah
if i were you i would look around the west-jordan, sandy area, home prices are decent and your close to endless outdoor activities, tereaflex is the best place that you can go for jeep parts and questions. dont be hesitate to look up jeep forum or a even better place for local utah people is RME4x4.com used to be rockymountainextreme.com but it was shortened to what it is.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 AM  

One of the great things about Salt Lake, well Utah in general, is the large Jeeping community. I live in Murray and love it here. We are close to everything in the valley, home prices are decent, city owned utilities, huge tax base with State Street running through the middle of us etc.

TeraFlex Plus is a great resource and store for you to check out. RME4x4.com is great too (I'm Lifelong Jeeper on there [a name already used on here ]).

Welcome to SLC, whenever you get here, and let us know when you what to go get that Jeep dirty.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 AM  

One of my favorite places to camp is only accessible by 4wd, up in Bountiful canyon (Bountiful is just a wee bit north of SLC). There's also a fun drive up in Farmington canyon, just a little bit further north from that. Farmington isn't really hard off-roading, but it's a beautiful canyon and a great drive. I wouldn't take a care up there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.