Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 PM  

Left Handed Firearms Components

I'm looking for a firearm, it has to be left handed, but fail that I would like to just swap components, anyone know where I can find what I need?

I am just sick of getting burned with spent casings.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM  

Good luck. Obviously, a revolver would fit your needs, but going with a semi auto handgun, I don't know of any with the ejection port off the left side. Many eject rearward with ambidextrous magazine releases, which you could also use. I just finished an AR-15 built, and needed to order the left handed upper, which ejects to the left. It is real nice!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
You and me both Lefty.

I would go revolver like havasu said, you can find the parts, but if you're not a gunsmith it could be a hassle.

Being a lefty I don't have to tell you if you do find it, it's going to cost you twice as much.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM  

Wow, thanks for the crazy fast response guys. I though this forum didn't get many people.

I already have a revolver, I want to move into semi auto's and bolt actions.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:00 PM  

I'm sitting here with my deputy son, and since I am also retired law enforcement, we both were scratching our head on how often this happens. I am also a lefty, and when I drawn down (using both hands), the pistol in centered in front of you. When the semi auto ejects to the right, it should miss you most of the time. That is not to say that it hasn't happened to me a few times at the range, but it is usually from the guy shooting to my left, who ejects the hot brass down the front of my shirt. Talk about ouch!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.