Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Best Places to Eat Inside Loop 410

What are some of your favorite places to eat inside Loop 410?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:36 AM  

san antonio, texas
La Fogata

La Fogata: San Antonio Mexican Food : La Fogata
2427 Vance Jackson Rd

Awesome mexican food, award winning margaritas

Old 09-17-2010, 07:50 AM  

san antonio, texas
Thought of some more...

There's a place on Fredericksburg a few miles inside 410 with the biggest, best chicken fried steaks called Tip Top cafe. Everything else on their menu is good, but the steaks are awesome. There's usually a line outside so either get there early, or plan on waiting.

For award winning cinnamon rolls go to lulu's bakery on main ave just north of 35. They've been on food network a couple times because of their gigantic rolls. Plan on waiting there too.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM  

San Antonio, TX
For burgers, Chester's (outside the loop on I-10), but also inside the loop at I-410 and Broadway. Chris Madrids, just south of Hildebrand on Blanco. 2x on La Fogata - local's favorite for years. Sunday morning brunch at La Mansion del Rio on the riverwalk. I know it's for tourists, but I like to go down to Mi Tierra by La Marcado every couple of months for some Tex-Mex and tourista viewing!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
La Fogata is a good place. I agree that although it is touristy the riverwalk has some good places to eat.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM  

San Antonio, TX
Not exactly Inside 410, But I like Stone Werks at the rim. Goombas at Blanco/410 is pretty good as well
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM  

Janesville, WI
Don't remember if it is inside 410 but Rudys BBQ rocks!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
We ate Chester's on 410 and it was terrible. No more poppy seed buns and the meat was less quality and as thick as Whataburger. Very disappointed.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We ate Chester's on 410 and it was terrible. No more poppy seed buns and the meat was less quality and as thick as Whataburger. Very disappointed.
Well, I usually eat at the Chester's on I-10, so I tested the 410 location the other night.
They haven't had poppy seed buns at Chester's for years; something to do with their supplier.
However, you are absolutey correct. The hamburger did not taste like it should and the french fry order contained about 10 fries. I understand about cutting back to reduce costs, but come on, a potato? What is that, like a nickel? I could also hear the staff arguing about something throughout the entire meal.

Time to cross Chester's (at least the 410 location) off the list.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Inside/outside?

For those of you not familiar with San Antonio, we have a loop around the city (like most large cities). Ours is Interstate highway 410, aka loop 410, I-410, and IH-410. Just FYI, we also have an outer loop, called 1604, aka Anderson Loop.
This post started out as good places to eat inside 410, but it seems to be drifting further away from the city, which is OK with me, because many people actually live outside the loop.
Which brings us to Pappas. The Pappas family started in the restaurant biz in Houston years ago and they have many fine restaurants in that city.
In San Antonio they have two: Pappadeaux at 410 (inside) and (betwen Jones-Maltsberger and McCullough) and Pappasito's on I-10, between Wurzbach and Huebner. The first is New Orleans style seafood, the second is Tex-Mex.
Both are very noisy, and if things start to quiet down, so you can talk, they crank up the music. Pappadeaux used to be nice, but now it is just crowded and noisy, with marginal service and not very good food (IMO). Pappasito's is much better, some claim they have the best chips in town. They are very thin and light, not oily and very fresh. Their salsa isn't great, but the chips are good. They have a large selection and the food, although a little pricier than down-home Tex-Mex, is good. USAA is right across the street, so if you are going for lunch be there by 11:30 or plan on waiting for a table, most weekdays.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads