Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 04:13 PM  
Traveler

corpus christi, tx
fuddruckers off of broadway...it's the original built in 78 i think, momma's on broadway about a block outside the loop, there's an italian joint on broadway behind the shell right at the corner of broadway and loop 410 outside the loop. that's all i got off the top of my head. i moved to corpus a year ago so i forgot all my usual huants

Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM  

Abilene, Texas
one of the best mexican places is Jacala Mexican Restaurant 606 West Ave

Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
St. Josephine St. Cafe

St. Josephine Street Cafe, 281 S. exit Josephine, can't miss it. Good lunch specials
Old 10-11-2010, 07:28 AM  

San Antonio, TX
J. Alexanders is pretty nice. Ruth Chris downtown, too. Yummy steaks. But don't overlook places like Chris Madrids or the old Blanco Cafe for some hi cal greasy goodies.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Inside 410 loop covers a big area, but I think one of my favorite places to eat is a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place called Gilberts. It's over by Lackland AFB. If you are coming from Lackland, headed towards SW Loop 410 on 90 West, take the 410 access road, but don't get on 410. Drive up the access road until you are just within view of Marbach Road. Before you get to Marbach, there is a small road called Latigo Street. Take the right onto Latigo and if you look diagonally to your left / straight, you will see the back of Gilberts. He painted the name on the back of the restaurant. Go around front to the little parking lot.

Favorite dishes there are the Javie Special or the Lady's Special (don't worry guys - ain't nothing "ladylike" about the Lady's Special - it's plenty to eat. They also have some pretty decent Macho Nacho's.

The owner (Gilbert) will be working the register when you leave. Whatever he offers you (gum or candy) - take it. It's just his way to say "thanks".

I take a quarterly class there every time we convene, and all of my students have really enjoyed it.

All the best,
Glenn
Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM  

san marcos, texas
Alamo cafe is good, there is one on I-10 and one on 281.

Madhatters Tea House is in the King Williams District across from the Alamodome and has tasty sandwiches and tea.

Pam's Patio is a great lunch spot on Wurzbach and Lockhill-Selma.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:25 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Alamo Cafe

I believe there are two of them in SA, but not sure of exact location, but they make their own tortillas right in front of you...factory type set up...they even give you one while you wait for a table. Also, they have a Chicken Fried Steak w/white gravy that is soooo good!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Taco Cabana Fast Food Mexican

The best fast food mexican drive thru or sit in...open 24 hrs...10 locations...mmmm good!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM  

San Antonio, TX
My wife and I really enjoy Paloma Blanca a lot. While a bit more expensive, it offers traditional Mexican food fare, in a nice sit-down setting.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:56 AM  

Harlingen, Texas
Ditto on La Fogata. Also, El Jarro de Arturo on 281 at Bitters. Best "upscale" Mexican food in San Antonio for my money. Whatever you do, don't drink more than 2 of their Arturo's Margaritas--one if you're driving.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!