Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Hockey Fans?

Any hockey fans here? I love hockey. I go to plenty of Rampage games already. Just curious if any other hockey lovers are out there? I'm a die hard Wings fan.

On a side note, I have a very specific question to ask. If anyone happens to read this that has DirecTv and has the NHL Center Ice package I was curious how many HD channels DirecTv provides for the package. Time Warner only offers up to 2 games in HD a night, most nights not even 1 game. I just want HD hockey and can't get an answer from anybody, not even DirecTv, so I'm looking for personal experience. I've heard DirecTv has all the games in HD, but that is from people up north. Different regions and providers offer different streams.

Lets Go Wings!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I have a related question for you:

How much do tickets cost for a Rampage game? I was thinking of taking the wife just for something different and out of the norm some evening.

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:06 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Seats start at just $10 and go up to $40. There are also $16, $25, and $30 seats. $10 tickets are horrible, nose bleeds. $16 seats are mediocre, $25 seats offer a great view of the ice just above glass level. $30 seats are row 2 and back of the lower level. $40 seats are on the glass. I've sat on the glass once for the minor league team of my NHL team. I'll tell you, what an experience that is.

They also run promotions. Friday nights are dollar beer/soda nights. Any game on Sunday is a 'Sunday Funday' game and it's $10 for a ticket, soda, hot dog, and chips. Any weeknight game (except friday) is 'All You Can Eat Weeknights', $20 for at ticket and unlimited soda, hot dogs, nachos, pop corn, and peanuts.

Go to a game and I promise you will go back for more. Plus, the Rampage are doing extremely well this year. Looks like we're going to get some playoff action!

You can find out more and game days at: http://www.sarampage.com/
Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 PM  

San Antonio, TX
The $10 arnt that bad. 95% of the time, only the lower bowl is open. This is my 1st year as a season ticker holder. Been to a bunch of games the past couple years. I am having huge withdraw. I HATE the rodeo road trip.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM  

Corpus Christi, Texas
I love hockey. Im a die hard Flyers fan <3
Old 02-10-2011, 07:16 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
The $10 arnt that bad. 95% of the time, only the lower bowl is open. This is my 1st year as a season ticker holder. Been to a bunch of games the past couple years. I am having huge withdraw. I HATE the rodeo road trip.
Well, if you are anything like me and can't walk up those stairs, or sit in those seats, at such an angle while sober...could end up being a big issue by the time the third period rolls around; especially on dollar beer night.

I'll never sit in section 200+ again because of that alone. You can normally find me in section 109 and occasionally on the glass for select games.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Like I said, I think the upper deck has only been open twice this year, and I would imagine it only going to be open one more night(military night) I love my seat in section 101

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!