Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM  

New Braunfels, TX
New Braunfels Utilities...frustrating

So....my water meter box was damaged and we called NBU to ask about fixing it. They just came out and replaced the box and the worker rang my doorbell to let me know they were done. Then, he told me that the box is $30 and he did not know how much labor was but it was ALOT more...he just didn't know how much. Then he told me this was his 3rd or 4th time to this address and we should put a trash can over it so no one will run over it. First, I don't want a trash can on my curb all the time and second...why didn't he let me know they were here first before doing the work???? Maybe i could've done it myself had i known it was going to be pricey. I called NBU immediately and they said they didn't have anyone dispatched over here and they don't charge for that kind of thing. The rep was kind and said she would look into it and call me this afternoon.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 PM  

New Braunfels, TX
Well at least you shouldn't see a charge for the new box thingy! Did they send someone out to look at the meters in the box? Cause those probably need to be replaced since a truck ran over it!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:46 PM  

New Braunfels, TX
Shhhhhhhh...I don't know what happened to it. The guys said the meter was working fine as far as they could see.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
I sense a scam artist at work.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Did you get the installers name?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM  

New Braunfels, Texas
NBU isnt known for bad work or service, hope it works out

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.