Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronate View Post
yep, at several bars and clubs. most of the covers are minimal and some do cover music, but still a rip. austin is a different scene. the riverwalk is geared towards tourists. i avoid it as much as i can.
Austin is geared toward tourists as well. Sixth street is a testament to that.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM  
^---Me

San Antonio, Texas
always worth it

Old 11-21-2010, 12:37 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I visited San Antonio years back with my family, and I now live within an hour from the city. Does the riverwalk still have the gondola river tours? I remember I loved going under the bridge and seeing the bats as a kid, just wondering if it's still in business!
If it has been more than a year or two since you have visited, it's a great idea to come back through! The riverwalk, on the north end, has gone through a dramatic metamophosis... completely re-done. And work on the river south of downtown has begun. In the end, it will be one enormous park that stretches from brackenridge park (north of downtown), to the missions on the far south side. It's gonna be great, I can't wait. My personal opinion, the best way to travel downtown/along the river is by bicycle. You are free to explore the nooks and cranny's, and not confinded to your seat.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJa View Post
If it has been more than a year or two since you have visited, it's a great idea to come back through! The riverwalk, on the north end, has gone through a dramatic metamophosis... completely re-done. And work on the river south of downtown has begun. In the end, it will be one enormous park that stretches from brackenridge park (north of downtown), to the missions on the far south side. It's gonna be great, I can't wait. My personal opinion, the best way to travel downtown/along the river is by bicycle. You are free to explore the nooks and cranny's, and not confinded to your seat.
Awesome insight. So, would it be best to wait for the construction process to be completed before I make my visit?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM  

McAllen, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
Awesome insight. So, would it be best to wait for the construction process to be completed before I make my visit?
Go often and watch the construction process. The business' that pop up are going to define the new sections of the river.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:47 PM  

My wife and I went on a nighttime river boat tour in November for our honeymoon about 11 years ago and really enjoyed ourselves. If you plan to stay overnight, I'd recommend looking into bed and breakfast inns as they are about the same price as the hotels near the riverwalk.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:59 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
So now it is December... Are all the Christmas lights on at night now? I just had a family member that went down there last weekend and he said that the lights seemed to far and few in between...
Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 AM  

McAllen, Texas
I have heard that it is in it's Christmas splendor and will see first hand this upcoming weekend.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM  

San angelo, Texas
I have had many fun boat rides throughout the years on the riverwalk. I need to take my 2 sons next time we are in town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.