Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuntec View Post
San Antonio is a fantastic place. Especially if you like to EAT. Man! I've gained so much weight since moving here two years ago!

Living in VA, we liked to eat at places we considered "Mexican Restaurants". Ha! Man, what a wake up call when we moved here! Our favorite places are usually little hole-in-the-wall places. They always seem to have the best specialty dishes, and the "heat" is exactly to my liking.

There is a lot to do here too! I live very close to Sea World. We have Riverwalk and many other shopping malls. Tubing on a few local rivers is a short drive, as well as Schitterbahn Water Park.

Headed up towards Austin, we also have Natural Bridge Caverns and a drive through Zoo.

Plenty of other stuff to talk about in San Antonio and the surrounding area... but my wife just shouted that supper was ready, so I'll continue this later.

All the best,
Glenn
San Antonio is the best since it's close enough to pretty much everything. Close to Austin, close to Corpus and close enough to Houston...but why would you want to go to Houston!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 AM  

Maybe I am biased since I have lived the majority of my life here, but no matter how many places I visit or stay I always end up back here in SA. I really like the somewhat small town atmosphere, but with some of the fun stuff a bigger city has to offer as well

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
John wayne's movie set for "the alamo" - bracketville, tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronate View Post
almost everyone i know who complains about the traffic doesn't have a good basis for comparison. san antonio is a big city and you have to compare it to other big cities. comparing it to itself 20 years ago when it was hardly a blip on the map doesn't make any sense.
You still have "LACKLAND AIR FORCE BASE" there and that may contribute to some of your traffic........still enjoyed visiting there......here's your "ALAMO" and John Wayne's movie set for the movie "THE ALAMO" - out Rte. 90 at Bracketville, TX and the Pecos River Bridge from the scenic overlook....
For those who have never visited....-alamo-san-antonio-texas-2..jpg 

For those who have never visited....-alamo-movie-set-1._edited%3D1600.jpg 

For those who have never visited....-alamo-movie-set-bracketville-texas-june-2002%3D%3D-.jpg 

For those who have never visited....-alamo-movie-set-5._edited.jpg 

For those who have never visited....-pecos-river-bridge-overlook-hwy-90-west-comstock-texas%3D25.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.