Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Also, a lot of people in SA are military, so they are transient. Its kinda hard to build a fan base when people aren't going to be around for more then a few seasons.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 AM  

San Antonio, TX
It is amazing that a city of ~100K (Green Bay) can have, keep, fill, and have a waiting list of season tickets for an NFL team but that San Antonio cannot. We're either the 6th or 7th largest city in the US but no pro baseball or football teams. Yes, Jerry Jones wants it that way as he puts a lot of his marketing into the SA market to 'keep things the same' but I would have thought by now that Red and the boys would have gone after Jacksonville, Buffalo, or others. Put the (domed) stadium out toward New Braunfels way and have some light rail to the stadium from both Austin and SA I say.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:17 AM  

Abilene, Texas
GatoDelSol, you are correct, the problem is the city councel wants the stadium downtoen in the riverwalk area, remember what happened with with the spurs, they allmost left SA untill the county offered the statium on there grounds
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM  

San Antonio, TX
no NFL, baseball, or hockey. however, i heard today that there will be a professional soccer team. I am trying to get the details. it hasn't been announced yet publicly.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitapimp View Post
no NFL, baseball, or hockey. however, i heard today that there will be a professional soccer team. I am trying to get the details. it hasn't been announced yet publicly.
Its going to be a Minor League team, and we do have Baseball and Hockey, both are minor league as well
Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
In many ways the minor league games are more fun than the pros. Cheaper, closer to the action and the players still play hard instead of just trying to get a bigger contract
Old 10-25-2010, 09:04 PM  

Elysian Fields, Tx
Hurricane Katrina is why San Antonio doesn't have a NFL team. Benson was going to move the Saints there but after New Orleans lost so much the league wouldn't let him move them.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 AM  

Houston, Texas
San Antonio and Austin are both the most liberal cities in the State, virtual welfare states within the state. Clinton closed two of 5 military bases in San Antonio, kind of kick in the teeth to the minority community. Austin is like a little DC, with lots of government employees, heavy on the minority and single women who don't know their jobs and just collect checks. N. and NW Austin is where the money is, Silicon Hills, with lots of transplants from California who brought their wrong headed liberalism with them.
Austin already has one major team, the Long Horns of UT and they don't or won't support another. San Antonia, doesn't have the scratch. A soccer team maybe, but not American football for reasons stated in previous posts.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM  

San Antonio, TX
I think a lot of this has to do with the current state of the Alamodome and lack of use of it. The NFL has already stated that it is not sufficient for an NFL team. It would be hard to justify building a new stadium if the current one isn't being used
Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
that and have you seen how those guys act when the spurs win or lose. act like fools. i lived up there for a while and some of the stuff that happens is just plain dumb.

and then, a buddy and i flew out and watched game one against the suns, not one damn spurs person opened there mouth. i felt sorry for that team so i rooted for them, and i am a lakers fan.
Really?!?!?! I live here and am an AVID Spurs and Cowboys fan. When the Spurs won rings we had a freakin river parade...when Fakers won, y'all had riots

Hell, when the Cowboys won last (soooo long ago), people ran up to the cars and stole jewelry off the players. I think we are pretty laid back fans in SA. The Southside is probably the roughest (& poorest) part of town and when the Spurs are hot, my gringo a$$ can walk anywhere in town without problems. I remember all of SA stopping on the freeway when our Spurs won a championship to hug, dance, high-five, and party.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads