Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 12:38 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I think a lot of this has to do with the current state of the Alamodome and lack of use of it. The NFL has already stated that it is not sufficient for an NFL team. It would be hard to justify building a new stadium if the current one isn't being used
Back to the original Q...

UTSA will start playing next year and WILL be using the Alamodome...only school around that will be able to sell beer at games

This should be a good test of how well SA can support a fotball team on a larger scale. If SA wants pro ball, we better jump while we Cowboys fans are still frustrated and disenchanted. I know a ton of die hard Cowboys fans who are really ready for a change...tired of Jerry's crap, players who don't appear to care, overpriced tickets. Firing Coach Creampuff was a good start, but I figured out the cost for my wife, her folks, and I to attend one game in Jerryworld and for the cost we could buy the biggest baddest home theater on the market and watch every game (plus movies, superbowl, Spurs, etc.)

Old 11-16-2010, 02:40 PM  

San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
Really?!?!?! I live here and am an AVID Spurs and Cowboys fan. When the Spurs won rings we had a freakin river parade...when Fakers won, y'all had riots

Hell, when the Cowboys won last (soooo long ago), people ran up to the cars and stole jewelry off the players. I think we are pretty laid back fans in SA. The Southside is probably the roughest (& poorest) part of town and when the Spurs are hot, my gringo a$$ can walk anywhere in town without problems. I remember all of SA stopping on the freeway when our Spurs won a championship to hug, dance, high-five, and party.
Hell ya we did...the Spurs win and we will shut-down downtown. This commercial always reminds me of when the Spurs win. I don't care much for basketball, but I'll rep the Spurs.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM  

Santa Fe, NM
2 teams from Texas is more than enough.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato View Post
2 teams from Texas is more than enough.
I'm OK with givin ******ton to Louisiana...guess they'd have to change the name though huh? OK, we get the Texans (then I don't have to hate them), we give Houston to Louisiana, and they can have the Jags.... everyone good with that?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 PM  
Braiser of Babies

Helotes, Texas
Having the minor league teams is great. The stands can be empty where you sit right on the wall next to the action. It's almost like LL with dome foam, except you don't have to drive all the way DT. Nor deal with tourists that think the Riverwalk is the best place on Earth.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:44 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Do they even sell out the Spurs games? I lived in SA for a few years in the late 90's and went to a few games and they were lucky if 1/2 the stadium was full. I just don?t know if enough people could afford to pay the ticket price to constantly fill a stadium. But that was a long time ago. I really need to get back down to SA to see the family one of these days.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:01 AM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Dude, we have four freakin NBA titles since then ... Yeah, we sell out the AT&T center!!! Not every game, as we still have to play against crappy teams and on weekdays, but Spurs are just fine. Even did a big remodel to the AT&T center making a balcony area with an icehouse called the fan zone... Very cool.

SA is all about football too. Not hard to sell out 8 football games and we would have people from the coast to Austin to El Paso joining in with the 7th biggest city in the country. Y'all are makin WAAAAYYYY too much out of how poor SA is. Jerry Jones is the biggest obstacle to an SA pro football team. He has a bunch of Cowboy fans round here he risks losin to an alternative team, especially if he doesn't start winning
Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM  

austin, tx
Where is Henry Cisneros when you need him...he could convince 'em
Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Probably making himself some more money.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 AM  

Houston, TX
Not sure a NFL team would fly, though I think SA would support a team better than Jacksonville. I think a MLB team would have a better chance.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads