Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 PM  

Vista, CA
Hamburgers: Hodads in OB
Pizza: Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest
Sandwich: Yellow deli in Vista, all organic food, and fresh baked breads..
Sushi: Sushi deli in sd, harney sushi in o'side, Love Boat in San Marcos...
mexican......anything below the oc line...once you go past the line its not the same food...

no fancy dining for me

Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM  

Austin, Texas
If you're down for the best Sushi (with questionable service, only advice for that is to sit at the bar) for a gaijin it can be found at Station Sushi. The original in Solana Beach is okay but has gone a little downhill since the chef opened the new one in Bird Rock and went there. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. If you like gaijin rolls (crunchy, sweet, and most importantly big) this place is BOMB. Don't let that scare you if you like real sushi too. Kevin is a master, and his art is as beautiful as it tastes.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 AM  

Austin, Texas
The best Greek I found in SD county was in Encinitas at a lovely little place whose sign just says "Greek American Restaurant." The gyros are super fresh and they will load you up.

P.S. I know my tag says "Austin, TX" but I only just moved here in January of this year. All my information should still be current.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM  

San Diego, California
I finally made it to the Linkery last Thursday for lunch. I've followed them for years on FB and Twitter and am aware of what they're trying to do. I had always been a bit hesitant to visit based on their yelp reviews on their service.

With their recent announcement that they are going to change their format a little next month, I wanted to get in there before anything changed so I went for lunch. I had a burger, potato salad and 2 beers (both Graan Flash Citra Session Ale; 1 on tap, 1 on Cask). I also bought a burger, potato salad and a lemonade for a friend. Total was $70 and while that's a little more than I would normally spend on lunch, the food was INCREDIBLE and the service was TOP NOTCH.

I really had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:42 PM  

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorireton View Post
There is a pizza place in Poway that is amazing..I believe its called Chicago pizza off poway rd..so worth going to
They closed down because of some legal issue between the owner and an investor. The main owner guy opened a new restaurant on his own named Rocco's in Old Town that servers the same stuff plus pasta.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM  

San Diego, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkow View Post
They closed down because of some legal issue between the owner and an investor. The main owner guy opened a new restaurant on his own named Rocco's in Old Town that servers the same stuff plus pasta.
Both these places are incredible!!! they had/have GREAT beer too.

I love the look on people's faces when I say "I'm going to old town for pizza"
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas80 View Post
With out a doubt. Thursday's Cask night and Michelle makes some wicked beer cheese.

if you want a beer bar... Obriens, toronado, newport pizza, pizza port (solana beach and Carlsbad), Stone world bistro in escondido, Hamiltons (southpark)

TOOOO MANY TO LIST
Another vote for Stone. It's well worth the trip to Escondido. The food is excellent and you can partake in some Stone offerings you'll never see anywhere else. Plan ahead and go when you can get a tour of the brewery.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:27 PM  

New Orleans, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionbiff View Post
Phils BBQ is good, not a big fan of their sauce but it beats cooking ribs for 4 hours. The el toro is great and packed with meat, also must eat onion rings. I think they add them to your order no matter what
Phil's was always good when I went there, but it can have a long wait.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:03 AM  

San Diego, California
The trick to Phil's if you're alone or a couple is to sit in the bar. They only serve food AT the bar, but the seats turn over pretty quickly and we've never had a problem finding a seat.

At the Phil's on Sports Arena, the line enters through the front of the building that faces the street. To get into the bar, go around to the left side of the building (as you face the entrance) and you can enter the bar. The bartenders will take your order at the bar, get you a beer and give you a pager for when your food is ready.

This can really cut out a lot of time when the line is long
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM  

Anybody heard of MIHO Gastro-Truck?

It's a growing trend around the country, typical "Lunch-Truck" that pulls up to a parking lot, but with a very UN typical menu.

Check out their website for locations, and if they're near you, try it!

The Pork Sammy is to DIE for!

MIHO Gastrotruck | Home

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads