Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2011, 12:48 PM  

Los Angeles
Hotel Advice

Going to a conference at the Town & Country Hotel (500 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108) in mid June. This hotel (based on my amateur satellite map analysis) appears to be near a mall and not much else.

I am hoping to find a reasonable hotel that is a cab ride away from the hotel (it is a beer convention and I plan on doing my best to be in the spirit of the event).

I would prefer not to stay at a dump, but get good bang for the buck. Nothing too expensive or cheap. Maybe near some good restaurants, bars, night spots, beaches....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM  

Hotels

Your conference site is located in the middle of the heaviest concentration of hotels in the area. It is known as "Hotel Circle". There are hotels ranging from Marriott to Radisson to the cheaper but acceptable Vagabond and more. Your choices are essentially endless within a 1-2 mile strip along I-8. There are lots of great restaurants too. The mall you refer to is probably the Fashion Valley Mall which is very upscale. Another more traditional mall lies just to the east about a mile or so away. You are also very close to "Old Town San Diego" there which is the local historic district with more sights and restaurants. If you have time, the area you will be staying in is only a few miles from the beaches and the famous San Diego Zoo.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!