Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2010, 09:00 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubado View Post
My company has a plant in TJ so I go down for the day about 1-2 times per month. We used to drive to the plant but now we park on the US side and they pick us up in a car with BC plates.
If you were to visit I would walk across and get a taxi to see the city by day but be back in the US by night.
My Dad works in Otay and his company also has a plant south of the border.

I think he still drives over there a lot and it makes me very nervous to think about that.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM  

San Diego, California
walk down there and walk back

Old 01-05-2011, 08:26 AM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
Does anyone have any experience with taking a tour bus across, like down to Rosarito Beach for the day ? Like everyone else used to go down there here and there but just dont feel safe doing that nowdays.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM  

Santee, CA
I go down for the Baja 1000. Several of us in 4x4s camp at various places along the course to watch the race. Once you're south of Tijuana, it's a much different place. Most of the horror stories you hear are from the mainland, not Baja. That said, anymore I only go down during the 1000 since there's lots of other gringos.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:33 PM  

Escondido, California
I've spent a LOT of time in Mexico over the years and even though I live close by in San Diego county, I won't go down there for any reason now. The violence isn't just along the border, it's all over the country. How many beheaded bodies were recently discovered in Acapulco? It's their own fault, most of the government and police have been corrupted so how could such a country be safe for "rich Americans"?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:01 PM  

Jerry, I hear there is one cool jeep floating around south of the border!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 AM  

San Diego, California
A few workers from SeaWorld (where I work) went down for a day and ended up being there for a week, unheard from. Until one day SeaWorld got a call from one of them asking to call all their families and get them bailed out because the mexican police arrested them all under false pretenses.

Another example and I AM NOT LYING and for graphic purposes I am only stating the basics:

My girlfriend's classmate from highschool went down with some friends, she ended up coming back dead, stuffed with cocaine, in the back of a smuggler's car after getting lost from the rest of her group. My girlfriend is terrified of the thought and doesn't like jokes about things like this happening.

If you go to Tijuana or a bordertown, be safe, stay in a group, and know why you are there, for how long, and make sure people know where you are at all times.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:22 AM  

Bristow, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datchew View Post

Couple that with Navy, USMC, Coast Guard and other presences, and you've got a recipe for trouble.
WTF???? The military presence would be a good thing, someone to protect you if you needed it. What is with the military bashing? Despite the stereotypes promulgated by people like you, the vast majority of service members are very respectful, courteous, dependable, and trustworthy. They are much more so than the rest of the population, especially the college students who are more prevalent in TJ. The military is restricted form going there.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM  

san diego, CA
This from last year.

Live to Tell: Kidnap on Highway 1 - 48 Hours - CBS News
Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 AM  

No thanks. TJ is just trouble waiting to happen. There's enough to see and do in San Diego; why would you want to risk your life in TJ?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!