Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM  

Somerville, MA
Best Chinese

House of Nan King, hands down. Just ask the waitress what to get with minimal instruction, ie: one beef, one veggie, one noodle. They'll do the rest.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM  

My vote is for Eight Immortals on Taraval, really good braised beef stew.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 PM  

I would have to give my vote for Jasmines in San Leandro if your up for crassing the bay, its a takeout place though.

Of the many places i have tried, they have the best Sweet and Sour pork I have ever had.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:08 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Melissa's is the best in the Richmond.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Henry's Hunan! Especially if you like spicy food. They have 6 locations now: one in the financial district, two in SOMA, one in North Beach, one in Noe valley, and their newest (opened last week) is in the Excelsior. Get the meat pie as appetizer and include the hot smoked ham for entree. The owners are very friendly too. Though they are expanding, each location has that friendly, family-owned charm.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM  

Seattle
The last time I was back in town one of my favorite Chinese places had turned Mexican. Sigh. I also liked that place next door to House of Nan King. Chef Gia's I think? Something like that.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 AM  

CA
+1 House of Nan King
Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM  

Best Chinese

House of Nan King is great entry level chinese, if your with diverse group or want to woo some tourists who aren't foodies.

If you want something a little more edgy, Z&Y at 655 Jackson Street has an amazing dish called explosive chicken, spiced so good.

Also downtown is R&G lounge, 631 Kearny Street, better quality, nicer ambiance, salt & pepper crab is well renown.

Personal favorite is Mission Chinese Food, located 2234 Mission St. inside another restaurant Lung Shan. It looks rundown, usually has 90's hiphop, and has hands down the most amazing chinese food in SF. This place has been all the rage on food blogs, don't go if you don't like spicy food or if you like panda express!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 AM  

Oregon
another vote for House of Nanking. Sam Wo's was fun too when Edsel was still alive.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 AM  

San Francisco, CA
You guys like the tourist traps. For Szechuan go to Mission Chinese Food and Z & Y. For Cantonese go to R & G lounge or Hong Kong Lounge.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads