Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 AM  

Best Neighborhood for College Grads in SF?

Hey guys,

I'm 22, Im going to be living in San Francisco (free shuttle to work) so I don't need a car or anything. For all of the San Francisco experts on here, what's a good neighborhood to search for a good house or apt out there? Here are some of my considerations:

-Young & fun
-Good going out scene
-Cheaper (Trust me, I know what I'm in for. Just as cheap as can be).
-Good access to parks/cafes
-Safe

Thanks for any suggestions on hoods.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 PM  

Berkeley, California
Depends on your personality. If you were in a frat in college or regularly go to the gym, I would consider the Marina as a top choice. If you are really into indie rock or define yourself as a "hipster," and you don't mind hearing occasional gunshots at night then maybe the Mission is for you (probably tops for going out). If saving money is a big issue, but you still want bars and restaurants nearby (and they don't have to be the most crazy-fun-awesome bars and restaurants), then I would look at Inner Richmond and Inner Sunset. NoPa has pretty decently affordable apartments and is safe and fairly central, but you may be a 10 min walk from the nearest bar or restaurant, depending on where you live.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!