Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Amici's is pretty good if you're into New York style. Several locations all up the peninsula, but not enough to turn it into a Dominos/Round Table/etc type joint.

Windy City pizza in San Mateo is pretty good too.

Someone else mentioned Extreme already, another pretty good place.

I remember "Escape from New York" in the Mission to be a good spot as well, but that might have just been a side effect of the entire night being awesome.

Finally, at 3 AM, Mr. Pizza Man. It's not the greatest, but at that hour you're probably too drunk to notice.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 AM  

Castro Valley, California
Depends...

For deep dish: Zachary's Chicago Style Pizza Their spinach and mushroom is great and don't be afraid of it if you don't like mushrooms. A lot of people like it who hate mushrooms

Thin crust: Arizmendi They only have one pizza a day and it is vegetarian, but make it work.

For parties: Costco Giant pizza 9.99 and it still taste pretty good.

Everything Else: Pyzano's Pizzeria All their Pizza's are great. I really enjoy the pesto and Tomatoes.

Don't judge by all the veg pizza I prefer my pizzas covered in ham, bacon, and sausage, but when a pizza is good who cares if it is a veg pizza.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 PM  

richmond, california
Little Star is the place to go both deep dish and thin crust are exceptional. I also give them a huge plus for weekend happy hours.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Well, I grew up here, but lived in New York for almost 10 years. And after coming back, I must say, I still (in 5+ years) haven't found really good pizza. Zachary's is fine, Little Star is decent. But honestly, any ganky pizza place on the corner in NYC would blow 90% of SF pizza out of the water.

Not trying to be argumentative, just calling it like it is. I'd say the same thing about burritos in New York.

That said, Arnell's (on Valencia in SF or by the BART station in Berkeley) is the closest thing I've found to real NYC pizza. So that's where my vote goes.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:35 PM  

Union City, CA
In the East Bay, there are two places I LOVE! Bronco Billy's & Premiere Pizza. Both have great crust and quality tops. Can't go wrong...
Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 PM  

Alameda, CA
Arinell's in in Berkeley for the floppy Neapolitan Style Za. Simple and Satisfying.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM  

SF, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by behrbrews View Post
Little Star is the place to go both deep dish and thin crust are exceptional. I also give them a huge plus for weekend happy hours.
+1. Everyone raves about their deep dish, but their thin crust is top notch as well.

I could say the same for Patxi's as well. Deep dish good, thin crust not bad, extra thin crust great. I love thin crust pizza in general though.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM  

i had a pretty crummy Little Star pizza on Saturday. It was not up to par.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM  

vallejo, ca
For NY Style thin crust its gotta be Lanesplitters in Berkeley (a very cool place!).
For Chicago style deep dish, without a doubt, Zachary's in Berkeley/Albany.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 AM  

Lafayette, CA
I'm a Zachari's fan, but I have some friends that swear by Flour and Water in the Mission district.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!