Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 AM  

Pullman, WA
best place for a beer?

My girlfriend lives in San Francisco and every time i go to visit her i try to hit up a new brewery or restaurant with a large beer selection. So far Ive gone to La Trappe which was amazing, and the Thirsty Bear which i wasn't impressed with. Any suggestions for my next trip?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2010, 09:39 AM  

Union City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellijo89 View Post
My girlfriend lives in San Francisco and every time i go to visit her i try to hit up a new brewery or restaurant with a large beer selection. So far Ive gone to La Trappe which was amazing, and the Thirsty Bear which i wasn't impressed with. Any suggestions for my next trip?

Thanks!
You should try 21st Amendment near the ball park. They have some good beers. My personal favorite though is Speakeasy. Their beers rock...

Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Toronado in the Haight, Church Key in North Beach, The Republic in the Marina, Monk's Kettle, and Pi Bar in the Mission. . .all great beer places.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 AM  

San Francisco, CA
ohh, and Magnolia Brewery in the Haight and Public House at the ball park are also great!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM  

Alameda, CA
you should jump on Bart and come to the east bay! the Three rockin-est beer establishments are The Trappist, Beer Revolution, and The Pacific Coast Brewery. All within walking distance of each other in Old Oakland!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:22 PM  

SF, CA
Toronado is generally considered the gold standard, but I love Church Key, Monk's Kettle and Beer Revolution (Oakland) too.

Also have to toss a vote in for Lucky 13 on Market too. Low key, pinball, free popcorn, free BBQ on weekends, and a solid beer selection. Had North Coast's Le Merle on tap last time I was there...mmm.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM  

+ 1 to Magnolia, Lucky 13, Toronado and the others mentioned above.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM  

sainte-madeleine, Qu?bec
i promise to be there in my next trip in ca
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM  

sacramento, ca
4th and Mission. Pliney on tap. Awesome black bean burger, get it with bacon.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 PM  

Pullman, WA
so many places! thanks! Sounds like Toronado will be my next stop. Her room mate was also telling me about magnolia.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!