Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Best quiet peice of bay shoreline for adult lounging in the bay?

Maybe I got this all wrong, we're surrounded by water... Any leads for nice civilized puiblic use areas, or unknown unadulterated, unadvertised dots of shoreline in the bay where a couple could go chill it in the water without fighting any foamy foul sewage?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM  

Petaluma, Ca, California
I like to go to Bodega bay. Schoolhouse beach is nice and quiet.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 AM  

San Rafael, California
Your right you are surrounded by hundreds of spots. Stinson, Bodega, Bolinas (tread lightly), McNear Beach, Point Reyes, and for overnight camping Dillon Beach is something I used to do quite a bit.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 AM  

Cotati, California
+1 for blackdog76. All those places are great. But I would head towards Doran park from Petaluma, keep going, make a left and go to Bodega bay head. Theres a great little place to stop for some amazing clam chowder, a crab cake...mmmm! now Im hungry.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:57 PM  

Visalia, CA
+1 for Point Reyes!

Just went recently and I loved it. Head just up the way into Marshall for somne great BBQ clams by the water.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:20 PM  

Sebastopol, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan9727 View Post
+1 for blackdog76. All those places are great. But I would head towards Doran park from Petaluma, keep going, make a left and go to Bodega bay head. Theres a great little place to stop for some amazing clam chowder, a crab cake...mmmm! now Im hungry.
The best crab sandwich in America IMO is at that tiny hole in the wall on the way out on the N side of Bodega Bay, it's Spud Point Crab Company. It's right across from the boat docks and the owners husband is a crabber. Clam chowder is astounding too. We drive all of our guests who come to visit from the rest of the country there. Not cheap for eating on picnic tables outside though..
Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 PM  

Alameda, CA
China Camp Off of Petaluma has Nice unadulterated Quite Beaches. and not a lot of foot traffic.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:31 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I'll agree that China Camp is a great spot in the bay, but my favorite beach has always been Kehoe beach at Point Reyes. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.