Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM  

Visalia, CA
I never went to the old one as I'm from out of town. It was pretty cool though. There was a "fish" in the aquarium that was obviously related to the seahorse, except it looked just like a twig with little branches and leaves. It was pretty amazing.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog76 View Post
In high school we used to load up the bong in the parking lot and watch the late night pink floyd laser shows in the planetarium.
Haha, me too!

I miss the old crusty Academy, too, but the new one is pretty great. Too crowded most of the time, but if you catch the lucky weekday you sometimes get lucky. A great place to take kids.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM  

Union City, CA
It's actually pretty amazing. The kids loved it there. You can go through the whole thing rather quickly if you want but you can also take your sweet time and enjoy everything. I had a great time there and can't wait to go back!

--O
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM  

The rainforest is great... the rest not so much. Loved the old academy. Spent many, many days there as a kid. The food is pretty good at the restraunt though. Don't go on a free day.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:24 PM  

San Ramon, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejockey View Post
I remember the old one, about 40 years ago and the Aligator Gar tank, I hear they still have some of those same fish?
I went there last year on a Saturday, there wasn't any parking within a 1/2 mile, and the place was a zoo, so crowded. I would only go again during the week. They had an albino aligator, very strange looking critter. It's a great place to take the kids.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 PM  

sf, ca
very cool! expect big crouds, go early, off season, and go twice to see it all. costs too much bring your own food their food is way over priced and not very good. go across the way to the De Young Museum for good food.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 AM  

Academy of Sciences

Its an awesome addition to the city. Great for children and adults alike, the indoor rainforest is like nothing I've ever seen. It get crowded, especially on weekends so its best to go during the week. Also they have 'Night Life' which are weekday nights they open the Academy to 21+, serve drinks and food and have music as well as the rest of the attractions
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM  

is this in the old exploratorium building by the presidio, close to the golden gate?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.