Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2011, 12:13 PM  
treehugger dirt worshiper

San Rafael, California
ATT sucks, Changed modem 2 times already,cause they said it was my modem ,now the internet is off and on and is pissing me off, ATT service department is worthless . Sonic.net I was told would be a mutch better choice, and i am looking into it

Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM  

Sebastopol, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ4LIFE View Post
ATT sucks, Changed modem 2 times already,cause they said it was my modem ,now the internet is off and on and is pissing me off, ATT service department is worthless . Sonic.net I was told would be a mutch better choice, and i am looking into it
Changing DSL carriers isn't likely to fix your problem. Sonic leases the very lines you are complaining about from AT&T. I just 'settled' with Comcast on only $7,000 to run lines for the privilege of paying them for service here. AT&T is horrible and there aren't any other options, at least for us.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 PM  

Napa, CA
Checking back in... Dumped AT&T for Sonic only to find out Sonic was using AT&T's lines. Good customer service, but horrible DSL. Now using Comcast and though I don't like giving them my money, the service is fast and reliable. I suppose I am getting what I pay for so far.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 AM  

Sebastopol, California
I'm still waiting for them to run new lines down our lane. It seems AT&T has the utility pole rights here. Besides having to pay $1,000 a pole to attach the cable run, they slow role the approval process. They have up to 4 weeks and apparently they like to take the entire time. The good news is Comcast it running FIBRE to my house . One of the distribution boxes happens to be at the end of my lane, so it should smoke as far as speed goes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!