Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Need a Cool Shop to TIG bike Frame

My buddy's Speed Triple got flopped on it's right side and the upper bolt for the foot peg bracket took a chunk out of the frame. Would have been nice if the bracket had broke instead. If he can't get it sorted with Triumph, I'll be helping him pull the engine over the break so we can get good access to the repair area(it's a really unfortunate spot, the upper bolt for that bracket is on the inside of the frame).

It's an aluminum frame, so we need a good place that can TIG it. Anyone know any good shops? We'll literally have all the prep work done and the bike stripped down so it can be layed on it's right side and welded in position. I know a frame repair isn't the place to skimp, but somewhere that won't charge a flat hr rate of $150 would be nice.

Thanks

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!