Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by longoddr1 View Post
Was the asbestos the reason Clear Creek was closed? Left California 18 years ago and I didn't think they would ever close it. The place was always empty. How are we supposed to go see the B-17 wreck sight now?
Yep...Asbestos. The problem the EPA had was when groups rode, the people behind the main rider get heavily exposed. Personally, I never went there in the summer but a few times. We would wait until it rained and there was no dust. However, the EPA claims the exposure is still high when the ground is wet and no dust in the air The guy at BLM doesn't get how this could be either!

I imagine one could accidentally get "lost" off the main road and end up at the crash site The guy at BLM said it's not like the place is patrolled much when I asked about going up Spanish rd. Spanish is open to the Fresno Co. line but there are no signs to mark this point of closure.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:49 PM  

We were always told while riding there that the asbestos was in its raw form and was too big to cause lung problems. Of course we were told the same thing about dust back then.
I didn't know anyone who wore masks and when we ran the big enduro each year there were hundreds of riders. I guess it's one of those "who do you believe", the government or the government!! If they want to take the land and close it, they will. Of course I was riding their during the same time that the State was stealing the money from the OHV fund to keep the local parks open. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.