Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 AM  

Redwood City, CA
Tide House in Mountain View and Devils Canyon in Belmont.

Beer Friday is this week, where DCB opens up and servers $4/pints and food for purchase. There's free music and the first pint costs $8 but you can keep the glass.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM  

Campbell, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFX View Post
does anyone know what going on with the hofbrauhaus in valco mall?
Nothing, that mall is ready for the wrecking ball, other than the movies and the overpriced/overhyped Strike!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM  

Campbell, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
In heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here. In light of this revelation I do my fair share of beer tasting. Who am I kidding? Since I discovered the funnel I no longer drink beer. Ha ha. Here are some of my favorite breweries: (1) Rock Bottom Brewery (in the Pruneyard Shopping Center). Happy hour begins at 3 pm. Buy a jug (called a Growler) and take some beer home. (2) BJs Brewery has two locations. One is in Cupertino and the other is at the old West Gate Shopping Center. (3) Gordon Biersch located in downtown San Jose walking distance from San Jose State University. Has great food and beer of course. (4) Boulder Creek Brewery in Boulder Creek. A cool mountain town brewery tucked in the Santa Cruz Mtns. on Hwy. 9. They have a great lunch special - Cheese Buger and Fries. Get the garlic fries. They are to die for. There are many more but these are my favorites. Hope you get a chance to visit these great breweries. Enjoy live...eat out often.
The San Jose BJ's is in Oakridge Mall.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:26 PM  

I am down for Boulder Creek brew.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:03 AM  

Bay Area, California
does anyone know any bar or where to buy Oskar blues beers? do they even sell it on the west coast?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 AM  

Santa Cruz, CA
I believe that they carry Gubna and ten Fidy at Bev Mo, but at $15 for 4 cans...You should also check at 41st Ave.

Cheers!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:53 PM  

Bay Area, California
found it, yes its a pretty steep price for a 4 pack. so i went with the old chub. it was pretty decent, dig the cans though, better to bring them on a backpacking trip hah
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM  

San Jose, CA
Quote:
has anyone been to the los gatos brewery?
I have been to Los Gatos Brewing Company and was very disappointed. Over priced, food was mediocre and the beer was generally terrible, but some of it was just poor. Perhaps we were there on an off night so I was open minded when I went back the second time (both were for the same friend's birthday, different years). Was bad the second time. I think it's just a high dollar place to be seen by other people with money. No real value.

May I recommend Seabright Brewing Company in Santa Cruz? Their beer is all on the lighter side, but all very tasty and it's just right for after a long day at the beach. (no affiliation).
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM  

San Jose, CA
Quote:
does anyone know any bar or where to buy Oskar blues beers? do they even sell it on the west coast?
I have bought several kinds of Oskar Blues at my local BevMo in South San Jose, near Oakridge mall. It's all pretty good, I'm glad they can because many bottle shops in San Jose (and it sounds like most places) don't know how to properly store beer. BevMo's like to proudly display their special beer in the front window
Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
(2) BJs Brewery has two locations. One is in Cupertino and the other is at the old West Gate Shopping Center.
There is a BJ's in Oakridge on Blossom Hill Road. The bar is always packed and the beer is pretty good. I like the Red Ale best. It ain't Gordon Biersch, but it's about all there is in that part of San Jose.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!