Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 11:36 PM  

San Jose, CA
Motorcycling in the Santa Cruz Mtns.

Anyone have a motor cycle and like to ride in the Santa Cruz Mtns? I have been doing this for years now and I have most likely ridden on all of the cool and interesting roads multiple times. There is no place as good as California for riding in my opinion. I recently was in North Carolina and drove the Dragon's Tail but given the scenery there and comparing it to California's I was only mildly impressed. Sorry North Carolina and Smoky Mtn. fans. If I had never seen California I would have been blown away by the Dragon's Trail. Anyway, I'd be happy to suggest rides and points of interest...just ask.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
It's easy to take for granted, but yes we do have some of the best motorcycle roads up here. I love all the roads in the SC mountains - Woodside/LaHonda, Stage, Skyline, HWY 9, etc. But my favorite has to be Bear Creek Road. Don't know why but I love that road with it's consistent sweepers and good condition.

I don't drag knees or anything, but love that we have these roads for some spirited riding

Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 PM  

I love where we live! Don't forget the San Antonio Valley on the other side of Mount Hamilton. The views are breathtaking, and there are few cars.

----------------
Bandit 1200s
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM  

Santa Cruz, CA
My favorite is highway 9 from S.Cruz to Skyline. It's a Bueller's dream!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 AM  

Really good ride was down 9 to the coast highway in Santa Cruz. Up highway 1 to Pinkys for breakfast. Then continue north to La Honda Road up to lunch at Alices. Then down Skyline to 9 and back home. Usually the only questionable would be fog on the coast.
Also in my early days would be the run from Cats on highway 17 over to the old Highway Patrol fake car just before Scotts Valley. Usually around midnight, no cars or animals do deal with.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads